Chapter 15~ Taking a Stand

Being alone isn't always bad.

Laying in a field, just me and my thoughts, it was peaceful.

I didn't know what to feel. All these conflicted emotions and the pain some of them brought.

But in the end, you just have to get up and give it your best.

I stood up and my shoulder throbbed. It still hasn't fully healed. Well, it had only been five days. My heart raced and I felt all the blood rush to my shoulder, making my bandage soak.

"Dang it...." I whispered.

I started walking into the woods, I could hear footsteps a mile away.

"Blue!" I heard a voice yell.

Picking up speed surely didn't help the pain, it made it worse.

Part of me wanted to be with the people I loved, but the other part needed to be alone. So I chose to be alone, just for a while at least.

Going to the Hospital was a bad idea, a huge chance of them finding out what I was. There was only one place I knew I could go, it was a risky shot, but I needed bandages.

*****

After a few minutes I reached my destination. The old wooden house sat still, almost looking abandoned. I walked slowly to the back door and opened it with a loud creak.

"Who's there!?" I heard the old, familiar, drunken voice that would always haunt me.

"Da- Mark?" I stuttered.

My adoptive father walked around the corner, a smirk on his face.

"Mark? What happened to dad?" he said, crossing his arms.

"I found out the truth" I said.

He looked at my shoulder with an expressionless face, then looked into my eyes again.

"Got into some trouble, Ey?"

He walked over and pressed his thumb into my shoulder. I tried not to scream, but it came out anyway. A dark chuckle emitted from him.

"You bastard..." I growled.

"Oooh, feisty. You sure have grown since you left." he walked into the kitchen and grabbed another beer.

I walked into my old bathroom and locked the door. The medicine cabinet still held all the medical supplies. I grabbed the peroxide and bandage wrap.

"Blue, open the door" Mark twisted the doorknob.

"Over my dead body" I say and unwrap my blood soaked bandage.

The peroxide stung as I poured it onto my shoulder. I bit down on a towel to keep from screaming.

I finished wrapping the new bandage and slipped on my jacket.

Just as I was about to unlock the door, Mark opened it and looked at me.

"What are you doing using my supplies?" he says.

"Like you need them" I say and walk past him.

He grabbed my arm and I twisted around.

"Let go of me" I growled.

"Make me" he smirked.

"You're going to wish you never said that" I say and smack his hand, making his beer drop to the floor and shatter.

He frowned and I saw his face turn red in anger. I kneed him in the gut and he collapsed to the ground.

"Goodnight Mark" I say and kick him in the face, knocking him unconscious.

I walk out of the house, feeling more proud then I ever have.

This day will always be the day I stood up to my abuser.