xi. FOLLOW THE CURRENTS

✢ ✢ ✢

        Foster watched with distaste as Stiles slammed a ouija board down in front of herself, Lydia Martin, and Cora Hale. It turned out that Stiles had found Lydia in Finstock's office while Cora was practically threatening the strawberry blonde that she'd rip her tongue out of her head. Let's just say that Foster's not necessarily pleased with the violent behavior. 

        Either way, she was currently seated between the two supernatural girls in Adrian Harris' former classroom, Stiles and herself trying to figure out ways in which they can use Lydia's abilities to their advantage. The strawberry blonde had a knack for finding dead bodies. . . maybe she could find Deaton's almost dead body, but not dead. They would like to find him with his heart beating, that would be ideal.

        "A ouija board?" Lydia inquired with disbelief.

        "Also called a spirit board for many cultures," Foster piped in quickly, shooting her friend a grin. 

        Stiles nodded in acknowledgment toward the blonde, setting up the board and the piece which connects them with the spirits from the other side. "And it's worth a shot."

        "A shot in the dark," Lydia replied quickly, the blonde rolling her eyes at her words.

        "But a shot, nonetheless," Foster countered, Stiles' face becoming tight with annoyance as he tries to get the girl to help them out without question. 

        "Could you just try it?" Stiles insisted with a sigh. "Please. Okay? Let's try not to forget who this is for. Scott's boss, the guy who's saved our collective asses on more than one occasion.

        From beside her, the werewolf gestured to the spirit board. "Do we all do this?"

        "Yeah," Stiles answered, nodding his nervously before shooting a look toward Foster. The blonde lets out a sigh, nodding her head in assurance which results in him reiterating once again, "Yeah."

        With that, all four of them place both of their hands on the center piece, Stiles glancing between all three of the girls.

        "Alright," he breathed out, Lydia seeming completely done with this whole theory. "You ready?"

        "Yeah," she muttered, pursing her lips slightly as she looks down toward the board.

        Foster nods toward Stiles in assurance, Cora stating with all seriousness, "Yes."

        The four of them pressed the tips of their fingers onto the piece, concentrating on the spirit board in front of them.

        Stiles looks directly at the board, questioning, "Where's Doctor Deaton?"

         They all continue to stare down at the board, waiting for a long moment in anticipation to see if something happens. Although, Stiles ever the impatient one, lets out a groan, frustrated the ouija board piece has yet to move. Cora also cocks her head to look toward Lydia, the strawberry blonde oblivious to the fact that they're all staring at her.

        It was then when Lydia's eyes widened, the girl glancing back and forth from Cora to Stiles as she realizes that they're all looking toward her. Foster, on the other hand, was trying to keep from adding any pressure to Lydia. She knows how difficult it is to understand an ability that you know nothing about, she knows from experience. She had no idea as to why she spontaneously healed when Derek Hale's claws sunk into her wrist, and she had yet to understand. She also had no idea as to how she survived getting mauled by the Kanima, if it were anyone else, they would have been dead on the spot. But rather than dying, she was all better by the end of that night.