xviii. BARDO

xviii. BARDO

✢ ✢ ✢

        The first thing the realm of Bardo was met with was the scream like gasp escaping Foster's lips, the blonde haired girl shooting out a tub full of water, met with searing white lights. Water splashed out as she thrashed up, her eyes wide as she took in the scenery around her.        

        There was one thing she ultimately noticed at first and it was the fact that she could not feel anything at this point. The water was no longer cold, she couldn't feel anything. It was almost as though she was a ghost in this state of living. The one in between life and death.

        She was no longer alive or dead. She was just there.

        Foster looked down at her wrist, still seated in the tub, taking notice that her mother's bracelet is still securely around her wrist. She lets out a soft sigh of relief, taking sight of it making her feel as though she had somewhat of an anchor for right now. In all honesty, she had no idea what she was bound to face in the upcoming seconds.

        Slowly and hesitantly, she curled her fingers around the rim of the tub, slowly raising herself out of the water. Looking over a bit, she noticed Stiles and Scott both in tubs as well placed right beside her. Her bare feet soon hit the ground, the girl looking up to see a series of lights running along the never ending ceiling above her.

        Foster's eyes scanned everything in front of her, nothing in clear view. She expected to maybe find herself inside of the Nematon or having a guided path to show her the way, not an empty room with absolutely nothing inside of it.

        She felt herself turn around slowly, trying to survey the rest of the room, only to have her eyes fall upon the stump of a tree off in the distance. Her eyes flickered back towards her friends, her gaze falling upon Scott's.

        She looked away rather quickly, taking a hesitant step forward. She had no idea where exactly this would lead her to, but she had to see where it would take her. It was the only hope Foster had of saving her father from Jennifer. 

        The three of them felt their paces pick up slightly, yet still hesitant to go full force at the large stump in front of them. Once they found themselves standing straight in front of it, Foster watched as Scott's fingers curled around the sleeve of his wet t-shirt, raising it up to get a look at his tattoo.

        Slowly, his eyes flickered toward herself, the tattoo being one thing he would always be able to connect her to. But it was more than that, at the same time. It was also an open wound, just like the darkness around their hearts would be.

        The three of them were all silent, the sound of a pin drop would have been easily heard throughout the room. It was then when Scott hesitantly extended his arm, allowing his palm to press against the bark of the tree stump.

        A rushing feeling overcame the teen wolf, almost as though he was being taken somewhere far from here. His eyes were clamped shut, and when he opened them again, he was in the middle of Beacon Hills' Forest Preserve.

        He glanced around, the sky of darkness hanging over him heavy, soft droplets of rain pouring down upon him. In a way, the feeling was almost familiar. 

        And he soon understood why exactly was when the sound of two familiar voices echoed throughout the sea of trees. He was unable to clearly make out the words, causing the true alpha to take a hesitant step froward, the leaves underneath his feet crunching.