xxxv. IF ONLY

xxxv. IF ONLY

✢ ✢ ✢

Foster's body felt heavy, almost like it was a dozen tons weighing her down. When she tried to sit herself up, she was merely sent back down. It was then when she realized that there were straps secured around her wrists, ankles, and two across her body, holding her down to a bed.

Confused, she tore at the straps, her body jerking up before being slammed back down. Her head smacked into the pillow, Foster releasing a frustrated sigh.

She was now in Stiles' mind, and she was practically trapped in it at this point. Her head turned on the pillow, her eyes landing on Scott who was in the same position as her on the bed on the other side of the room.

His eyes finally met hers, both of them sharing looks of panic and confusion. Foster wasn't sure how they got into this position in the first place, confused about the entirety of all of this. She never really imagined someone's mind being like a place, she almost pictured it like Bardo. This was most definitely not what she was expecting.

After locking their eyes briefly, the two were back to struggling to break free of the straps holding them down.

They refused to allow Foster to move, the girl squirming as she tried to pry her wrists out of the bounds. Maybe if she could just slip them out, she could unbuckle the rest of them.

Foster's body fell limp after multiple futile attempts, the girl releasing a hiss of annoyance before allowing herself to rest against the bed. She glanced over toward Scott once again, watching as the werewolf struggled. 

The girl was taken aback slightly, wondering why this is so difficult for him to break out of. He was a werewolf for crying out loud. If anyone should be able to break out of these, it's him.

Scott must have felt her gaze bore into him because soon enough, he was looking straight at her. She had an expression of disbelief plastered upon her features, raising a brow at her boyfriend. He was a true alpha, with supernatural strength, and he wasn't able to break free?

"Scott, do I actually have to remind you that you're a werewolf with supernatural strength?" she questioned, cocking her head slightly. 

Her voice echoed throughout the room, bouncing off of the walls and echoing around them. It was definitely creepy in here, Stiles' mind not a place that Foster would ever like to return.

"We're in Stiles' head," Scott pointed out as if Foster wasn't aware of that yet.

Her eyes widened. "And you're a creature of the night with supernatural strength! Break free."

It was almost as though Foster's words had triggered something in Scott, the blonde watching as he nodded his head slowly at her words. She watched as his fists clenched, raising his arms as he dug into his strength, fighting to break free of the straps.

He grunted as he strained himself, the veins on his hands bulging as he struggled to gain more strength.

And just like that, the snaps broke, releasing Scott from their hold.

His eyes widened, head snapping back in Foster's direction to see a proud smile plastered on her lips. He did it, he managed to break free. After unbuckling the straps wrapped around his feet and tossing the ripped ones to the ground, he quickly got up and made his way to Foster's side.

The girl was still strapped down, Scott working feverishly to unclasp each of the buckles, allowing Foster to slowly regain motion. By the time she was sitting herself and throwing her legs over the side of the bed, Scott was grabbing her hands and helping her up.