Chapter Twenty Four

Third Person's POV

"Navya, um, I actually have an important work in my native town so I was wondering if you could accompany me to my trip to the village. Rey is also coming with us." He quickly added before she could say no or start making any excuses.

"Um, but why should I come? I mean it is like your business trip and I know that I am certainly not needed there. Also, I have to ask leave from my office and a lot work will be piled up till the time I come back." She reasoned with him and even though it was a pretty good reason, he knew that there was an ulterior motive hidden behind this, that is, to ensure that she is safe and sound. She has to come with him in order for him to work properly and focus as her life was in danger and unsuprisingly it was because of him.

"Yeah! But you have to come with me. I mean don't you want to see my village? And anyways it is the weekend so you are not going to miss much. It is for 2 and at the most 3 days not more than that. It will be a good change you know..." He said and prayed she will not ask anymore questions because she seriously had not time and definitely not answers.

"Yeah but.." She said hesitantly, still not sure why he is suddenly asking her to come with him on his some business trip.

After a few seconds of silence, she finally relented, "Okay.' She said hoping she made the right choice. Arjun sighed in relief and gave her a small smile.

"Okay then, you can start packing now I guess, if you don't have anything else to do now that is." Arjun said and was turning around to leave without hearing her mumbled okay.

Navya didn't understand why Arjun was in such a hurry. It had only been an hour and he had come back asking of he finished packing. It definitely seemed like there was more to this than that met the eye and she was determined to find out what it was because she had a hunch that it had something to do with her. Only if she knew how right she was!

*****

They were first going to meet up with Rey at his house from where they were going to travel togEther in a single car. Navya was hoping to get some alone time with Vanya. they weren't talking much with so many things going on in their life at once, but it seemed highly unlikely with the way Arjun was behaving. They quickly got into his car and after about 20 minutes they reached their destination to see Reyansh waiting for them in the garden.

"Arjun, I am just going tp meet Vanya and come back in a few minutes, okay?" Navya said and rushed to find her friend without waiting for Arjun's reply.

Just then Reyansh started talking due to which Arjun couldn't say anything to her and let it go.

"Arjun, I cannot come with you and Navya in the same car man. I have some work to do in the middle so I have to go somewhere and I don't want you guys to wait for me and waste time. You have to reach there as soon as possible so I don't want you guys to lose time because of me and anyways you guys should get moving fast, I heard it is going to rain heavily now so it is better if you leave now." Reyansh said with an apologetic expression on his face.

Arjun just nodded stiffly as he didn't have anything else to say and he knew he could not be selfish and ask Reyansh to come with him now.

"I will try to complete it fast but till then you can start looking into the matter and I'll join you shortly. Alright?" Reyansh said.

"Okay." Arjun nodded his head.

Till then Navya had come back from her meeting with Vanya who was waving her hand at Navya.

"Arjun, shall we start?" Navya asked him and he nodded his head.

When Reyansh was turning around to get head back, Navya stopped him asking where he was going.

"I am actually not coming with you guys right now. I have some work to do so I'll be joining you guys later." He replied.

Navya nodded her hesitantly as if she was saying okay, confused at the sudden change of events. Just then, a sudden lightening accompanied with thunder struck the sky making Navya jump with fright.

She quickly got inside the car and Arjun started the car as soon as Navya got in.

They were absolute silence inside the car with Arjun driving silently and Navya looking at the passing scenery from the window. It had been approximately 40 minutes and even though she was enjoying the scenery around, she quickly started becoming bored because of the continuous silence. She extended her arm to increase the volume and change the channel of the radio when Arjun beat her to it.

I prefer silence while I am driving, helps me to focus." He answered without a glance, answering to her silent question.

Navya just rolled her eyes in response and dismissed his stupid notion, proceeding to turn on the radio before he could stop her.

"Navya!" He exclamied and she just rolled her eyes, again.

He just blew out a puff of air in frustration and decided to let it go as it was waste arguing with her and instead he should focus on his driving and that is what he was going to do.

*****

I am very sorry for the really short chapter but the next few chapters till the epilogue are going to be very interesting so stay tuned! Thank you for reading! 🖤