Chapter Twenty Six

Third Person's POV

He gently laid Navya on the small cot and ran his shaky fingers though his dishelved hair. He checked her temperature and released a small sigh of relief seeing it was slightly better than before.

He never knew he could care about another person after what happened a few years back. It was a huge surprise, indeed, but not unexpected.

He flinched when he heard the sudden knocking sound and told the old woman to enter who was carrying a tray in her hand. She laid the tray consisting of two bowls of soup beside the cot on the small table, resting against the wall.

"Feed her the hot soup, it will help in lowering her temperature." The old woman said and opened her palm only to see a green tablet in her palm.

He nodded his head and she left the silent room after glancing at him once. She was still suspicious of him and he couldn't blame her too. A random stranger knocking on the door, in the middle of nowhere and asking for help will make any sane person cautious. He was only thankful that she was actually helping them and hoped that they can be on their way as soon as this storm passes away which is not anytime soon but he truly hoped that wasn't the case.

He froze when he heard a sudden painful groan and turned to find Navya slowly trying to wake up. He reached her in a few steps and held her shoulder trying to help her sir.

"Navya, you have to drink this hot soup before it gets cold." He said and started feeding her.

On the other hand Navya was still disoriented and tried to remember where they were and how did they come here, to this unknown place. She had many burning questions on the back of her head but she quietly drank the soup and decided to ask them later.

Arjun was not willing to meet her eyes and just continued feeding her the soup. He could find her eyes on him and he became a bit nervous.

Wow! This was a first for him. There are going to be many firsts for him apparently, he thought.

After feeding her every last drop of the soup, he looked at her from his peripheral vision while trying to put the empty bowl back on the tray.

"What about you?" Navya asked him.

He looked at her startled and answered, "Uh, yeah I'll have it later."

Navya observed that he was a bit distracted so she decided to ask him all the questions later.

"No, have it now, it will get cold again and you won't be able to drink it then." She said sternly.

He looked at her surprised and then slowly nodded his head, heading for his now almost cold soup. He managed to drink within a couple of minutes and then he told Navya to take rest.

"Where are you going now?" She asked him, confused.

"I'll be back in a few minutes. I am trying to make a call." He answered while trying to look for the signal.

He let out a frustrated breath when he realised that he was getting nowhere.

Navya sighed in response and said, " why don't you just take rest for a few hours and get later in the morning, your clearly tired and in need of a good night sleep, so keep your phone away and sleep for now. We can decide what to do tomorrow. Alright?" She said gently.

"But Navya, we really don't hace time and-" he was abruptly cut off when Navya said, "Arjun, try to understand, you are seriously tired and you won't be able to think logically with this state of mind so please don't argue and just sleep." Navya said and yawned.