Chapter Eighteen

Third Person's P.O.V

Navya was surprised to see Arjun's car when was coming back home after a long of work. He would never come back home at 6 PM. It would usually be 12 AM or more and by that time she would have already slept.

Did something happen? Did he even go to his office today? Navya was wondering and just decided to check on him once for her woman peace of mind.

She knocked on his door but there was no response from his side.

She decided to try again and see if he opens the door but there was still no response which made Navya worried.

She slowly turned the knob of his door and walked inside only to see that it was pitch black inside. On the bed she saw a dark figure and assumed automatically that it was Arjun.

She reached blindly for the switch board to turn on the lights but later decided to venture into the dark as she was now seriously becoming worried.

She touched his shoulder slightly and realised that he was naked under the sheets. She blushed slightly but blush quickly turned into a frown when she noticed his body temperature.

Oh my gosh! He has high fever and he didn't even ask for help. She thought and  tried to wake him up bu gently shaking his shoulder and calling out his name.

"Arjun, wake up." She said and he slowly opened his eyes. His eyes were red with dark circles under them. His hair was disheveled and he smelled weird. Overall, he looked and felt like shit.

Navya scrunched her nose and slowly helped him sit.

"What the hell did you do to yourself. Why didn't you call me or anyone for help." Navya questioned him with her hands on her hips.

"I-I don't need anyone. I-I a-am fine." He  croaked in response and started coughing violently.

Navya rubbed his back and quickly handed him a glass of water which he finished in one gulp.

"Sure you are fine." Navya said with sarcasm dripping from her words.

"Did you eat anything?" Navya questioned already knowing answer.

Arjun just shook his head.

"You seriously need to freshen up. You breath reeks of alcohol." Navya said and went to the kitchen to cook something for him.

She prepared chicken soup along with a toast on the side.

She slowly started feeding him the hot soup careful of not spilling anything. She got up and turned around to put away the utensils when he asked her for more.

She just shook her in disappointment as of reminding him of his carelessness.

"You could have called me or Reyansh if you needed help." She said.

******

Arjun was feeling a lot better after eating and taking his medicines. After a long time he was able to sleep peacefully for 9 hours straight.

Maybe this fever was a good thing. He thought. He was feeling refreshed and was ready to go back to work.

He was busy completing bus unfinished   projects due to his fever in his study room when he suddenly heard a knock coming from the other side.

"Come in." He replied without looking up from his piles of accumulated files.

"Arjun, you need to rest." Navya said sternly.

She thought he was crazy for working again without caring about his health.

"Navya, I am fine now. It was just a fever." Arjun said sighing.

"Arjun, how could you be so irresponsible. You need to rest. Your work is not so important than your health. If you are well and healthy, no one's going to stop you from working. Just.." Navya said and closed her eyes.

"Why do you care?" Arjun asked her slowly.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Navya asked him.

"The only thing I have done to you is to hurt you. But still your willing to help me. I don't deserve this. I don't deserve your care and I certainly dont deserve your love." Arjun said through clenched teeth.

He didn't want to give her any false hopes but at the same time he couldn't just resist her. He was not able to control himself. He wanted more but at the same time he wanted nothing to do with her.

This shit was confusing. He felt a migraine coming up now.

"I don't know what to say. Why can't you just give us a chance? This is so confusing." Navya muttered and shook her head.

"Exactly. This feelings, everything is so confusing. I don't even know what u want." Arjun said and clutched his hair in a tight grip.

"Arjun, are you okay?" Navya asked him hesitantly.

"Yes, I am fine. I am just going to have to sleep I guess." He said.

"Okay. But please dont hesitate to call me of you need anything. Alright?" She informed.

Arjun nodded in reply.

These migraines are a real pain the ass I swear. He thought and stormed to his bedroom.

******

"Dad I need to talk to you now." Arjun said clenching his fists. He really didn't want to do something he would regret later. Not because he cared but because his father was the only lead to reach that person.

"Yeah okay we will talk later. I have some work now." His father said dismissively

"I said now." Arjun said stressing on the word now.

"Tell me. You have 2 minutes time." His father said nonchalantly.

"How do you know Navya?" He asked him through clenched teeth. His hands were itching to grab him and punch that smug grin off his face.

"Who is she"? His father said with an overly innocent look on his face.

"Don't get to act smart with me. You know her. Now tell me h.o.w d.o y.o.u k.n.o.w h.e.r?" He said stressing on each word.

"Boy, don't waste my time. Maybe you don't have anything better to do but I have a company to handle. Now shoo." His father said waving his head dismissively.

The nerve of this as- He controlled himself and and clenched his fists.

"Just tell me everything you know about her. What are you planning to do with her?" He asked him.

His father just smirked at him smugly in response and that's it. He lost it.

He punched his father on his nose which produced a crack sound. His assistant came running into his office and was horrified liking at the scene infront him.

His father was lying on the ground in the pool of his own blood.

He just gave one disgusted look at his father and stormed away.

"Reyansh, we need to fu*king step up our plan." He said.

******

Thank you for reading. 😁