Chapter Twenty

Third Person's P.O.V

"Are you ready?" Arjun asked her and Navya slowly nodded her head in response.

He snaked his arm around her waist making her shiver in response.

She took a deep breath, trying to calm her racing heart and smiled timidly at the paparazzi who were going crazy looking at the new couple or so they thought.

Arjun squeezed her in assurance as if telling her he was there for her.

They talked about this already and even though Navya was hesitant to join him after that, she eventually caved in after realizing that she couldn't hide forever, she need to let go of her fear of people.

They both slowly walked inside just in time to see Reyansh-Vanya in a deep conversation with Reyansh's parents.

Vanya's eyes widened in response and she immediately excused herself from the trio to warmly greet Navya who reciprocated her feelings with the same amount of passion.

"It's been so long." Vanya said in a muffled voice, hugging her more tightly.

Navya nodded in response, hugging her back tightly and they both then joined Reyansh along with Arjun.

Navya awkwardly smiled at Reyansh's parents and then they all proceeded to go inside the grand hall to attend the most lavish party in the city.

Arjun slowly locked his hand with hers and she looked up at, startled.

She suddenly remembered the conversation they had in the car while they were on their way to the party.

"Navya, don't go out of sight and please tell me if you need anything. It's a gigantic place and you already know it's not so safe for you and for that matter even me to venture out like this." Arjun said looking at her pointedly.

Navya was about to argue but then she remembered why he was lecturing her now. She remember the grave situation the are in and the threats made to Arjun using her as a bait.

So she quietly nodded her head, communicating to him that she clearly understood what he was trying to say.

"If not me, then you have to stay with either Vanya or Reyansh." Arjun continued in the same stern voice.

She rolled her eyes in response and looked at him with an exasperated expression.

"Navya, are you alright?" Arjun asked her, jerking her back to the reality.

"Um yeah..yes, I am alright." She murmured.

She momentarily paused on her feet when she noticed the grand setting of the place. It felt like a palace to her honestly.

It was a typical rich people's party filled with beautiful women in their best shimmery gowns and shining jewellery and handsome men in their neatly pressed suits.

She suddenly felt an outsider after seeing all those people and of course the place itself.

She suddenly became a tad bit nervous and tightly squeezed Arjun's making him squeeze her hand back in reassurance.

Arjun was greeting his business partners and old friends and she was looking around the place, bored out of her mind.

She quickly whispered in Arjun's ear that she was going to find Vanya and Arjun let her go, albeit a little hesitant.