Chapter Twelve

Few months later... (starts after the last chapter of Meant To Be His)

Third person's P.O.V

"Save her if you can. You don't want her to die now, do you?" A man with yellow, crooked teeth laughed evilly reaching for her hand.

"ARJUN..." she called him with her voice cracking in the ends, trying to reach for his arm in order to escape the evil clutches of the man who was hurting her mercilessly.

"S-save m-me Arj-jun....."

He woke up with a start, breathing heavily as if he ran a marathon.

He clutched his head in his hands and tried to calm himself down.

"Its okay, its just a dream. She's okay....she's alright." he murmured slowly trying to assure himself this is just a nightmare and nothing happened. He would never be able to forgive himself if something happened to her. She's the only family left and he didn't want to lose her at any cost.

He sighed and slowly rubbed his face knowing that he would be not able to go back to sleep after this. He turned his head to check the time. 4:18 AM.

This was a daily occurrence for him. These horrific nightmares kept him awake the whole night, not allowing him go back to sleep again.

He shook his head to get rid of all the negative thoughts, freshened up quickly and at exact 8:00 AM he was all ready to go. He was a certified workaholic who considered his work above everything as it helped him to forget all those horrendous thoughts and nightmares. Work was his coping mechanism.

He was working on a project file when his phone started ringing.

"Hey Arjun, can we meet today at 2:00 PM... I have something important to discuss with you." Reyansh exclaimed.

"Not today Rey, actually I have an important with some foreign clients. Can we meet tomorrow. You know how important this meeting is for me." Arjun said with a thoughtful expression on his face.

"Uh...yeah I know b-but the t-thing is.."

Reyansh was interrupted by the sudden knock on the door which startled Arjun.

"Come in." Arjun muttered.

"Sir, you have a meeting in about 10 minutes and also I need your signature on this file sir." His PA said while holding a file in his hand.

"Rey, I'll call you back later okay? Bye." Arjun muttered and hung up without waiting for his response.

"I don't want any mistakes from your side. This is a very important deal so make sure that everything's fine from pir side. Understood?" Arjun told his secretary while maintaining a stern face.

"Yes sir, I'll make sure everything is perfect." His secretary said while nodding his head.

Arjun sighed quietly and rested his head on his table. He was exhausted and his head throbbing due to the lack of sleep but he forced himself to focus on the problem in his hands which was to impress the foreign delegates and grab the most important deal before his competitors.

He rubbed his forehead and started looking at the file when his phone rang again breaking his concentration.

He picked up the phone without looking at the caller ID but regretted it the next second when he heard the voice of the malicious leech who was not leaving his side making his already messed up even more complicated.

"Arjun." The voice chuckled from the other side making him cringe.

"What do you want now?" Arjun said while clenching his teeth, trying to control his anger