Chapter 19- Going Alone

* Chapter 19- Going Alone *

I couldn't sleep at all the entire night. Various scenarios were running through my head rapidly, some were good, and some were bad. I couldn't even decipher my own feelings about this; I was mad that he didn't tell me about this sooner, but I'm so relieved that he woke up. If I just walk into his room and start asking him all these questions, it would be rude and bitchy.

It was currently two in the morning and Dean was cuddled up beside me, snoring softly. I needed to get some sleep so I at least look presentable tomorrow, but I knew it wasn't going to happen at this point.

I turned my head so I was looking at Dean's peaceful face, indicating he was indeed fast asleep. I tried to sneak out of his grasp, but it only tightened on me, making it nearly impossible to move. I grunted, attempting to pry his arm off of me but it was no use.

I began to squirm around, which led to Dean waking up. His eyes fluttered open lazily, landing on me immediately. He sighed and loosened his hold on me, giving me a questionable look.

"Where are you going?" He mumbled huskily, causing my wolf to stir. His voice sounded deep and scratchy, but it was such a turn on.

"I can't sleep, I was just going to get medicine", I mumbled back. I stood up and placed my bare feet on cold floor, causing a shiver to run through my body.

I walked over to the bathroom and searched through the medicine cabinet, finally coming upon a bottle of Melatonin. I swallowed two tablets before walking back to bed. I rested my head on the pillow and brought the blankets up under my chin, the soft fabric immediately making me feel better. I shivered slightly from the cold air and as if sensing this, Dean rolled over and wrapped his arms around my waist protectively. I instinctively snuggled closer to him, making both of our wolves hum in response.

"Why can't you sleep, princess?" Dean whispered lightly in my ear, his warm breath fanning across my bare neck. I smiled at the fact he was bringing back the same nickname from when I first arrived here; it was sweet, and gave me a sense of comfort at the same time.

"I guess I'm just lost in my thoughts", I whispered back. I had no idea why we were whispering considering there was no one else around, but it set the mood and I didn't want to disrupt it.

"Are you worried about your dad?" He questioned and I felt my body tense. Dean noticed and began to rub small circles over my stomach, instantly soothing my nerves.

"I'm worried, nervous, scared. You can name any emotion and I'm feeling it", I answered.

"So, you're feeling aroused?" He questioned. I could sense that cocky smirk on his face and laughed, realizing I should have worded that sentence differently.

Considering I was facing the wall at the moment, I flipped my position so I was facing towards Dean, rather than away from him.

"No I'm not, actually", I responded whilst giggling again.

His melodic laugh rang through my ears and kept the smile on my face until the medicine went through my system, making me feel sleepy.

Dean was in the middle of telling a story, and I felt my eyelids becoming heavier and heavier by the minute.

I opened my mouth and let out a loud yawn, causing him to stop speaking.

"No, no continue. I want to know what happened", I mumbled quietly. I questioned whether he heard me or not, only to find he was laughing. I scrunched my eyebrows together and yawned yet again, confused as to why he was laughing so hard.

"Princess, I was asking you a question. You didn't hear?" He managed to ask after laughing continuously for a minute.

I shook my head no, resting my head back down on the pillow. I heard Dean chuckle quietly to himself as he scooted himself closer to me, wrapping his arms around my back. I nuzzled my head in his neck and breathed in his intoxicating scent, lulling me to sleep faster.