Chapter 16- What's Happening?

Dean Sanders

After removing my uncomfortable tuxedo that Mia picked out earlier, I stepped out of the bathroom and put my clothes in the hamper, noticing that she was already laying in bed. I chuckle quietly to myself as I crawl in beside her, kissing her temple lightly.

She stirs a bit but doesn't open her eyes. I whisper a quiet 'goodnight' before shutting off the bedside lamp and cuddling close to her. Her scent radiates off of her body, driving my wolf insane. We've been with her so long and still haven't made much physical contact, so when we do, I treasure it as if it were a rare diamond.

After a while of just laying comfortably in bed, I realize that my wolf is on edge. I can't help but wonder why, considering we had a pretty awesome day.

I figured he was just annoyed over the fact he hasn't come out since Mia arrived. I glanced at the alarm clock and noticed it was 2:45am; everyone would be asleep.

I quietly slip out of the bed and tiptoe downstairs, walking out the front door unnoticed. I walk over to the edge of the forest and take off my pajama bottoms and boxers, shifting into my wolf.

After going such a long time without shifting, I had to stretch a bit before taking off in a sprint, not worrying about where I was going or how much noise I was making. I was outside and active, and that's all that mattered.

I thought running would settle my wolf, but I still felt all giddy inside. What was going on with me?

I pushed myself to run as fast as I could, wanting to get rid of my un-used energy. I lapped around the house a couple of times until I felt the strong urge for water. Rather than having to shift and go inside then come back outside and shift again, I decided to look around more for a stream to drink from.

I wandered around for a little while until I found one, taking a long drink before laying down and resting my body.

I looked up and noticed that the stars were starting to diappear from the sky and decided to head back. I made it back to the house within ten minutes and found the spot where I left my clothes, quickly shifting and putting them back on.

I yawned and suddenly felt weak, realizing it may have been a bad idea to run so late into the night.

I quietly enter the dark house and shut the front door, locking it before turning on my heels and walking up the steps.

I manage to make my way to the bedroom in the dark, only tripping once or twice. I get into the bedroom and shut the door, noticing the light was shining through the bathroom door.

Assuming she was just using the toilet, I slip into bed and pull the warm covers over me, the coolness of my pillow instantly soothing me.

Upon hearing the click of the bathroom door I sit up immediately, gulping when I see a half-naked Mia standing in the doorway, her face drenched with tears. I hurriedly make my way over to her, wrapping my arms around her.

"What's wrong princess?" I asked very concerned; her body was burning up and she was shaking.

"I'm s-so hot and my b-body hurts really b-bad", she stuttered, holding onto me for support. I felt her forehead and she indeed was burning up. It was like déjà vu considering this happened right after she arrived.

I heard her grunt and looked down at her, noticing that her face was scrunched up in pain and her arms were shaking.

"We have to get you to a doctor", I said urgently, already picking her up bridal style to carry her to the car. I panicked, realizing that my pack's doctor would be too far away, and I had no idea where this pack doctor was located.