Chapter 29- The Battle Begins

Dean Sanders

I knew I should have never said anything to Mia about the situation. It's horrible enough finding out my brother was murdered by somebody, let alone my mate's father.

Of course I wasn't going to blame Mia for that. She had nothing to do with it, and I know that's why she feels as bad as I do. I wish I could have stopped her from running away, but she's definitely a feisty one.

After she ran into the woods, I calmed myself down and shifted, chasing after her. She was going in the direction of the pack house, but I wasn't quite sure if she knew I was following her.

She shifted right before she entered the house, not caring that she was naked. I shifted as well, following her into the house. She ran into the bathroom and slammed the door, locking it before I had the chance to enter.

I knocked once, but I heard no movement.

"Mia, come on. Let me in", I said calmly, hoping it may sooth her a bit. I heard some shuffling behind the door, but she never answered it. Instead I heard the water begin to run; she was taking a shower.

I sighed and slipped on a pair of basketball shorts, sitting down at the foot of my bed. I mind-linked my father and told him what happened, but said it was okay for them to stay and finish their dinner.

I sat back on my bed and waited for Mia to finish, which was an extremely long time. When she came out her cheeks were bright red, but her eyes held no emotion.

"You're going to listen to me. If my father was the one to kill your brother, then I will be the one to take care of it. I don't care if you don't want me to, I am the Luna of your pack and I will do what is best for all of them. I can't let anyone else die just because he was foolish enough to allow it. So even if it means I may not live, I am going through with it. I need to finish the battles I start."

The thought of her dying made me whimper, but I knew there was no talking her out of this. When she has her mind set on something, she will go through with it. That's who she is; my confident little Luna.

Mine.

"Just know, you will never fight alone. We will all stand beside you. We'll finish this together."

* * *

3 Days Later

"Thank all of you for coming tonight. This means a lot to us, we are thankful for each and everyone of you participating."

Applause erupted from all the men gathered around us; the same men willing to fight. Mia appreciated them so much she individually baked goods for them and their family, and she doesn't like baking at all.

"Beta Logan and I were up late into the night discussing various strategies we can use during battle. We already assigned you positions, and I'm going to allow him to explain it all to you. If there's something you don't understand, please ask. We can't afford any of you to be confused or misplaced during the fight", I explained, handing the microphone to Logan.

I walked over to Mia who stood shyly in the corner, glancing around the room at our pack.

"I don't think they understand how much this means to me", she whispered.

"What, you don't think cakes and brownies were enough?" I teased. She cracked a smile, which is something I haven't seen in the past few days.

"Everything is going to be alright. No need to stress", I whispered quietly in her ear. She nodded her head, but I know she didn't believe me. I'm not so sure I believe it myself.