Chapter 23 - Mark Me

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to SaraDS the amazing banner at the side :) thank you so much!!

Chapter 23- Mark Me

Mia Evans

"What did you just say?", he questioned, his eyes full of wonder and adoration.

I knew there was no way out of this situation; he had heard me loud and clear, he just wants me to say it again.

I gulped and tore my gaze away from his glowing brown eyes, looking at the pillow that rested beside him.

"Nothing", I mumbled whilst biting my bottom lip, wriggling a bit. I tried to lift myself off of Dean's injured body, but he only pulled me back, this time closer then the last.

His face was centimeters from mine; his hot breath fanned across my face causing my body to freeze. He licked his lips seductively before his eyes turned dark.

"I'm going to ask once more; what did you say? And don't lie... you know how I hate lying", he spoke lowly, with a serious tone.

I gulped, the tension in the room growing thicker and thicker with each passing second. I looked back into his eyes which had returned to their original color, causing my heart to flutter.

Well, here goes nothing.

"I-I love you", I stuttered. I instantly felt my face turn red; I should have been able to say it with courage. I should have shouted it from the roof so the whole world heard me. The only thing keeping me from that was the girl I used to be, the shy, independent woman who minded her own business and kept to herself. But a lot can change, and a lot has. I need to forget about my past and move on so I can have a better future, and my future was with Dean.

In a matter of seconds, Dean's lips lifted and formed into a smile; in fact, it was the biggest I had ever seen him smile. A small chuckle escaped his lips before he leant forward, his lips crashing into mine.

I was shocked; one because it was my first kiss, and two, I had never imagined these feelings inside me could exist. It was as if fireworks were exploding all around us, or if static electricity was floating through the air, ready to shock us.

After a couple seconds of being frozen, I processed the fact that he was actually kissing me! I shut my eyes immediately and moved my lips against his soft, moist ones. It may sound cliché, but they fit together like two pieces of a puzzle, and I knew nothing could ever feel as good.

Instinctively, my hands wound their way into the hair that sat at the top of his head. He deepened the kiss, so that our lips were moving slowly, yet in sync at the same time. His large hands massaged my hips lightly, whilst I twirled the ends of his hair between my fingertips.

After a couple minutes, I pulled away to catch my breath, which didn't last long anyway. His lips were back on mine in seconds, only this time, he was kissing me hungrily. I was still laying on top of his chest, except now I was straddling him as we made out on his bed.

He licked my bottom lip, requesting entrance. Seeing as I was nervous, I played it off, hoping he wouldn't notice.

His hands moved from my hips to my bum, squeezing it gently. A moan accidentally escaped my mouth, and Dean took the opportunity to shove his tongue into my mouth aggressively.

It was at that point when Dean decided to take over. With his hands still placed on my bum, he managed to flip us over so he was on top, despite his recent injuries.

His hands moved up to cup my cheeks, resuming the kiss within seconds. My grasp on his hair loosened as he moved his head downwards to my neck area, leaving sloppy kisses everywhere. I licked my swollen lips, breathing in Dean's intoxicating scent.

He nipped at the skin on my neck, trying to find my soft spot. When he finally did, I squirmed beneath his body as he bit down hard on it, making me moan loudly. His tongue did swirls over it before he pulled away, his dark eyes meeting mine.

"Can I mark you?", he rasped timidly.

I didn't want to ruin the mood by asking quesions, but I felt the need too. "What's that mean?", I questioned.

His head swooped down to the nip where my neck and shoulder meet. He left a feathery kiss upon it, sending chills to travel down my spine to my toes. "It. Shows. You're. Mine", he spoke between kisses. My breathing hitched; holy shit, that was so sexy! My wolf stirred inside me, as if telling me to allow him to do it.

I nodded my head and he smirked wickidly, sucking on the sensitive part of my body. I gripped onto the ends of his soft hair, knowing that in some way it would comfort me. I noticed how Dean's teeth had elongated, and used those few seconds to prepare for the pain that was about to come.

He slowly sunk his sharp teeth into my neck, which felt both painful and pleasureable at the same time. I growled loudly, pulling at the ends of his hair.

His teeth felt as if they were buried in my neck; despite the feeling of the bite, it gave me a sense of pride knowing I was his, and only his. I'm sure he thought that as well, and the thought of that sent butterflies flying through my stomach.

He retracted his canines, kissing away the blood that seeped through my skin. He pulled away and stared at the mark that would sit upon my neck for the rest of my life, showing everyone that I belonged to him. His eyes slowly met mine and a sudden surge of confidence rushed through my veins; I reached forward and smashed my lips into his, igniting a flame that burned deep within my body. I was pulling his face so close against mine, I wouldn't have been surprised if they conjoined. All I knew is that I never wanted this feeling to disappear, and holding him close seemed like the best solution at the moment.

Much to my dismay, he pulled away shortly afterwards. I looked up at him at a loss for words, whilst short and uneven breaths escaped my mouth.

He rested his forehead against mine, staring into my eyes with happiness.

"I love you", he whispered quietly, as if someone would hear us.

"I love you too.."

* * *

"That'll be $18.50", the delivery man said. I handed him the money just as Dean came up behind me, wrapping a protective arm around my waist. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, handing the man the correct amount of money along with a decent tip. I smiled politely and bid farewell to the stranger, shutting the door and waltzing into the kitchen.

"What is that all about?" I asked Dean whilst setting up the table.

"What is what all about?" He asked innocently. I giggled lightly and sat down across from him, giving him a playful glare.

"You know, the overprotectivness thing? You've never done that", I said.

"Oh, that's because I marked you. When a male marks his mate, he becomes extremely overprotective of her, even though he should be all the time", Dean said while shoving more pizza into his mouth. I nodded my head, when another question popped into my head.

"Will I feel any different?", I questioned, praying that nothing would happen.

Dean nearly choked on his food; he took a huge sip of water and cleared his throat, awkwardly looking at me.

"Well, for starters, you won't be able to get angry with me", he shrugged his shoulders innocently. I rolled my eyes, signalling for him to continue.

"Anything else?" I questioned, hoping that was it.

"Uhm, you- you also are going to be very horny for the next few days", he said, adding a cough at the end of the sentence.

Oh, you have got to be kidding me.

* * *

Hello readers!! Sorry for the long wait, I've been getting an insane amount of school work :( Just so you know, updates may be slower now because of that reason, but please don't stop reading!

Question of the chapter is: who is your biggest celebrity crush?

Just so you guys know, I do read all your comments!! Honestly, you guys make me laugh and smile everyday and I'm so thankful.

-Meghan <3