Part 13

VOTE&COMMENT! :)

________________________________________

You're stuck on me and my laughing eyes

I can't pretend though I try to hide - I like you..

I like you….” I sang as I continued to play the guitar on my lap.

I think I felt my heart skip a beat

I'm standing here and I can hardly breathe - you got me

You got me…” I was currently at my room sitting on my bed singing to the lyrics of “You got me” by Colbie Caillat on a sunny Monday morning.

The way you take my hand is just so sweet

And that crooked smile of yours it knocks me off my feet.

Oh, I just can't get enough

How much do I need to fill me up.

It feels so good it must be love

It's everything that I've been dreaming of.

I give up. I give in. I let go. Let's begin.

Cause no matter what I do, Oh my heart is filled with you….” I continued to sing the rest of the song until my phone rang. Here we go…

“Hello?” I asked carefully as soon as I accepted the call.

“GOOD MOORRNINNGGG!!!” I heard Mady yell through the phone which made me jump and fall off the side of the bed with a ‘thump’

“Mady….” I groaned grumpily to the phone as I stood up and rubbed my sore butt

“Aw, c’mon Kayce! Don’t be like that! It’s the freaking first day of our junior year!” She said cheerfully. Sometimes I think she could beat the whole cheering squad combined with her cheerfulness and spirit.

 “Woop-dee-doo” I said sarcastically

“Oh whatever Kayce, You’ve been such a downer ever since you wouldn’t tell me what happened when Derek drove you home last Saturday” She said and even though I couldn’t see her, I knew she was pouting.

I sighed “Fine. I’ll tell you later when I come over after school” I said as I put my guitar aside and reached for my school bag under the bed.

“Yay!“ She cheered in victory “-Oh and I’m already at your drive by the way so you should be dragging those lazy feet of yours out that door right now unless you want to be late for our first day of school”

“Alright. Alright. Lemme just finish up and I’m outta here”

“Kay. I’ll see you in a few!” I ended the call and stashed it back in my bag.

I stood in front of the mirror as I carefully eyed my outfit making sure I wasn’t wearing anything too simple nor too much.  I smiled as I realized how perfect my outfit for today is and dashed out of my room. I bumped into my mom on the way out and greeted her with a kiss before going through the front door.

I ran to the drive way and got in the car just as Mady stopped in the middle of singing along to a Taylor Swift song.

“Oh wow” Mady said in amazement as she saw my outfit. I was wearing a pair of denim shorts and a sweater that had ‘I :( MONDAYS’ written on it while she had a shirt that read ‘Have a nice day’ on it.

We both laughed on our way to school thinking about how epic our choice of clothing was today.

“I doubt anyone will think were even friends” I said as we both continued to laugh

“Agreed” She nodded with a grin

We reached the school a few minutes later. As we both stepped out of the car, guys stared at us with lust while the girls with jealously and admiration as usual. No one really looks at us with hate since we never do anything that would make people hate us. We don’t act like bitches or sluts either so no one has a pretty good reason to. And no matter how flattering the attention might be, I never really liked being in the center of it. If I had it my way, I’d rather that people didn’t always make me the subject of conversations and gossip. I mean really, what’s so interesting about me anyways?

“And how are two of my favourite girls doing this fine Monday morning?” Tyler asked as he put his arm over Mady’s shoulder leading us to the group of boys chatting in front of the entrance of the school.

“Just Dandy” I replied sarcastically. Tyler raised his eyebrows at me then laughed as he saw what I was wearing.

“What’s got you so grumpy today Kayce?” Tyler asked. His eyes dancing with amusement

“You” Mady replied for me as she shrugged off Tyler’s arm from her shoulder

“Still trying to resist my charms Madison?” Tyler asked with a smirk

Mady snorted “Pfft. As if. More like that big head of yours”

“You’re no fun” Tyler pouted

“And you’re annoying” She shot back

“C’mon little miss sunshine, let’s leave before he rains over your preppy parade” I said dragging her further to the group of boys.

“Gladly” She said just as we reached the boys.

  * * *

We made small talk for a few minutes before we all left to go get our new schedules.

“I wonder where those two hot newbie’s are” Mady asked as we entered homeroom.

I shrugged “Dunno. I didn’t see them with the guys this morning”

“Same here” Just then, Jay walked in and the class hushed in whispers probably asking who the new hot guy was.

“Hey Kaycee” He greeted with a smile as soon as he spotted me

“Hey Jay” I smiled back. The whole class turned to look at us and I saw most of the girls sigh in disappointment.

“What’s with them?” Jay asked in confusion

“Their probably disappointed that you know Kaycee” Madison answered

“Why would they be?” He asked, still confused.

“Because they all know they stand no chance against Kaycee right here” She said with a knowing smile as she gently nudged me.

“Now it makes sense” He nodded in understanding just as the bell rang

“You can sit there Jay” I nodded to the seat in front of me with a smile

“Sure” As soon as he sat down, he turned back to face me.

“Hey, Kaycee?” He asked with all seriousness

“Yeah?” I asked wondering why he was so serious all of a sudden

“What happened when Derek drove you home?” Oh crap

Uh.. wh- when-why- what do you mean?” I asked with a shaky voice. Real smooth Kaycee…

“It’s just that when Derek came home last night, he seemed…. Strangely happy that he wouldn’t stop smiling” He said while narrowing his eyes at me.

Oh no, there goes my hope of turning this grumpy morning upside down.

___________________________________________

Sorry if not much happened in this one, I havent had much time to write because of school. Ugh....school. Hate it.

Anyways... Im planning on making my up coming chapters private for only me and my fans to see. So if i were you, id become a fan already. Whats there to lose anyways?

Also, Please read my new stories! I really want to write them but I want to see if their interesting enough for people to actually get hooked with them. SO PLEEASE READ THEM! :)

VOTE&COMMENT! :)

-xXStarGazerXx