Part 4

[Kaycee’s POV]

Me and Mady were on our 1st hour of man hunting and we still have no clue where they are. We were so close to giving up and heading home when my phone rang with an unknown number. I stared at my phone and looked at Mady who raised her eyebrow at me.

“Well?” She asked with her arms crossed over her chest.

“What?” I asked.

She sighed impatiently “Aren’t you going to answer that?”

“It’s an unknown number.” I told her,

“So? It might be one of the guys.” She told me in a ‘duh’ tone.

“Good point.” I shrugged “Oh well, here goes nothing.”

I flipped my phone open “Hello? Who’s this?”

“It’s Cole.”

“Oh. Hey, Cole. How’d you get my number?” I asked not remembering when I ever gave him my number.

“Uhh, From Derek.” He said sounding uncomfortable.

“Oh.” I said followed by an awkward silence before he spoke up.

“Where are you guys?” He asked suddenly.

“Uhm, beside the Ben & Jerry’s store.” I told him while eyeing Mady’s 3rd ice cream. I raised my eyebrows at her and she rolled her eyes then stuck out her tongue while mouthing ‘You had four.’. I nodded in a ‘good-point’ gesture.

“Is that on the 3rd floor?” I suddenly remembered I was still talking to Cole and replied,

“Yeah, how ‘bout you guys?”

“We’re on the 1st floor.”

“Ohhh. So that’s where you guys have been? We’ve been looking all over for you guys!”

“So have we!”

“Really? For how long?”

“About an hour.”

“Us too! So what now?”

“Meet us in the parking lot beside Chavez’s car.”

“Sure. See you in a jiffy!” I shouted cheerfully.

“Okay see you.” He replied and the line went dead.

I shoved my cell phone in my bag and dragged Mady to the parking lot by her shoulder ignoring her protests. Don’t judge me; I can be a pretty awesome friend when I want to be.

We reached the parking lot within 5 minutes. A new record! I smiled in victory while Mady stood beside me rubbing her shoulder.

“Why do you always have to be so rough on me?” She asked while frowning.

“Sorry Mads. You know I love ya!” I told her while giving her a friendly hug.

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever” She mumbled. I let her go and smiled at her innocently then someone shouted behind us.

“There you guys are!” Me and Mady turned around to see Chavez running towards us with the guys not too far behind.

“Yeah. Good to know you didn’t forget about us and leave.” Mady said sarcastically.

“UH, about that…” Chavez started while rubbing the back of his neck.

“Enough chitchat! I have a party to go to if you guys haven’t forgotten!”  Tyler groaned while pushing the three of us to the cars.