Part 11

[Kaycee’s POV]

“Hey Derek.” I greeted with a friendly smile. I saw him gulp; am I really making guys this nervous around me?

“He-hey Kaycee” He stuttered.

I chuckled “Stop acting like that Derek. It’s just me. Not some supermodel.”

He smirked “If you keep dressing up like that, you could definitely pass out as one.”

I blushed, “Whatever. You don’t look too bad yourself.” I replied while glancing at his outfit. He was wearing a grey hoodie and some black trunks. On anyone elze, it would’ve looked simple. But on him, it looked hot. Even while I was preoccupied with admiring his look, I didn’t miss the way his eyes roamed up and down my body.

“Didn’t anyone tell you it’s rude to check someone out during a conversation Derek?” I teased with an innocent smile.

He snorted “Speak for yourself. You think I didn’t see the way you were eyeing me Kaye Kaye?”

“Kaye Kaye? What kind of nickname is that?” I laughed.

“It was the first thing that came into my mind.” He shrugged

“Okay Dede” I grinned devilishly.

“Dede?” He asked with shock and disgust

“It was the first thing that came into my mind” I imitated his words with a shrug.

Someone beside me coughed. “You guys are seriously getting too comfortable, so I’ll just leave you alone and find myself some fun.” Mady got up and started walking away. Derek took her seat and sat next to me.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Jay stand up and headed towards the bar with a troubled expression on his face as me and Derek continued to talk about our summer.

[Jay’s POV]

     I sat silently beside Kaycee as her and Derek talked. I tried my best to look unaffected by the way they could talk so freely together but I still couldn’t help the pain that shoots up in my chest whenever Kaycee gives him one of her amazing smiles.

I really did think that I wouldn’t feel this way for her anymore when I got back. But there’s just something about her that makes every guy swoon over her; something that makes you want to smile for no good reason when you see her face light up; something about the way her hair sways with the wind and the friendly smiles she gives everyone. The way her eyes shine and-Oh God help me, I’m acting like some love struck idiot.

 I stood up and made my way over to the bar. I don’t think I could stand being that close to her without being able to touch her or just say a word to her.

  “Hey.” I turned around to see a pretty blonde about my age. She was close to my height but shorter. She was wearing a beach dress that made her look even more attractive and I was pleased to see that she didn’t wear much make-up like most of the girls at parties.

  “Hey.” I replied with a smile. Someone bumped into her and her heels made her loose balance. I caught her before she could hit the ground but the drink she held spilled on me. Her eyes went wide as she saw the front of my shirt drenched in her drink.

 “Ohmygod, I am soooo sorry. I didn’t mean too!” She rambled. I took out some napkins from the bar table and dabbed it on my shirt. She helped me clean up and I couldn’t help but chuckle at her panic.

  I caught her wrist as she continued to try and clean my shirt “Don’t bother. Its fine.” I told her reassuringly.

She looked up to face me “Are you sure? I mean, it looks like it’s going to stain and I feel really bad. It seems like a really good shirt.” She bit her lip nervously.

“No, really. It’s fine. It’s just a shirt.” I smiled and pulled out my hand to introduce myself “I’m Jay.”

“Carolyn or Carol or whatever suits you.”  I chuckled at her continuous rambles and she blushed as she realized.

“I’m so sorry. I’m known for rambling a lot.” She told me shyly.

“No problem.” I reassured her.

“By the way, my friends made me come here and ask you if you’re from around here. We haven’t seen you before.” She told me while tilting her head and I glanced over her shoulder to see that there were a group of girls staring at us.

“Actually, I just moved here during the summer with my older brother.” I told her.

“Really?” She asked excitedly “So, you’ll be going to school with us next week?”

“I guess so.” I smiled at her.

“Awesome. So, do you like know anyone here yet?” She asked hopefully.

“Well, My brothers friends with one guy from your school and he introduced us to his group. I guess you know them.”

“Oh, what are their names?”

“Uhm, I don’t really remember their last names. Its Aaron, Tyler, Cole and Greg. I also met this girl, her names Kaycee Wright.” I noticed that her eyes became bigger each time I mentioned one of their names. Especially when I said Kaycee’s name.

“You’re kidding me right?” She asked in disbelief.

“No, Why?” I asked slowly.

“Oh. My. God.” She said still in shock “They’re like the most popular guys in school! And Kaycee!? She could rule the school if she wanted too! She’s like the role model of how every popular girl should be. She is like my idol!” Wow. Looks like guys aren’t the only ones that swoon over her. I guess I’ll have a lot more competition when school starts.

I turned my attention back to where Kaycee was still sitting with Derek to see that most of the guys around her were looking at her with lust and the girls with jealousy and admiration. How did I only notice that now?