Part 8

VOTE & COMMENT! You know you want too....Yes you do.  :)

____________________________________

   It’s times like these that the motto ‘Desperate times call for drastic measures.’ actually makes sense to me. I know this is wrong. I know that sooner or later, I’ll have to face the consequences of my actions and suffer the penalties. But at the moment, I didn’t care. I didn’t care about what this could do to me or even what people would think of me. I just had to do it.

Just do it. I told myself.

No, don’t do it. Think about your mother Kayce. What will she think of you now?  My other half argued.

So what? It’s not like she’ll ever know. It could be our dirty little secret. My evil side defended.

No

Yes

No

Yes

*5 minutes of pure torture later*

I’ve decided.

I gave a long deep sigh as I told myself over and over again that I should be strong; that I could do this.

No one will know right?

Right.  I agreed to myself.

I waited a few more seconds before pulling a knife out of the kitchen drawer. I made sure it was sharp enough and qualified for the deed. Yup, this will do.

As I reached the kitchen counter, I raised the knife and aimed for the culprit responsible for all of my problems.

‘You shall soon feel the pain that I have felt. You will no longer haunt me with your evil temptations. THIS ENDS NOW.’   I told it as I stabbed it with the knife.

*10 minutes later*

I threw the knife at the sink and made sure to get rid of all evidence.

 As I was cleaning up the mess and scrubbing the knife making sure it was squeaky clean, the kitchen door flew open revealing no other than…Madison. Oh no.

 “What are you doing?” She asked me slowly while eyeing me curiously.

 “What do you mean?” I asked innocently while hiding the knife behind my back.

 “You’re hiding something Kayce. Cough it up.” She said seriously.

 “No.” I replied stubbornly.

 We continued to stare at each other intensely, both of us refusing to give up.

 After a few more minutes, I gave up. She was just too good at this.

 “Fine.”  I breathed in defeat as a smirk made its way to her lips.

 I slowly pulled out the knife from my back and her eyes went wide as she saw it and quickly glanced at the kitchen table where bits of evidence were still present.

 “KAYCEE WRIGHT!!! TELL ME YOU DIDN’T JUST DO WHAT I THINK YOU JUST DID!” She scolded me.

 “What are you talking about?” I asked while cocking my head to the right trying to cover up my mistake.

 “Don’t you play dumb with me girl. Those chocolate crumbs on your face are living proof that you broke our promise and ate the chocolate cake that I precisely told you not to touch.” She glanced back at the now empty plate on the counter “How the hell did you eat a whole cake by yourself?” She asked me with a weird expression on her face.

 “A moment of weakness?” I said with a sheepish smile.

 “We talked about this Kayce. I thought you promised you’d give this up for the rest of the summer.” She whined.

 “I know.” I bowed my head in pure guilt and shame.

 “I’ll have to think about your punishment later.” She shook her head.

 “Later? Why later?” I asked looking up to face her.

 Her face lit up looking like she finally remembered why she came here.

 “WE’RE GOING SHOPPING!” She grinned.

 My face was a pure resemblance of horror and fear. Why you may ask? Well…

 Me + Long hours of walking around the mall + Mady’s non-stop blabber mouth = torture.

And just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse…..

“And guess who’s coming with us!” She squealed.

 “Aaron Johnson?” I asked sarcastically.

 “No. You ding-dong!” She screamed impatiently “Chavez said that him, Derek and Jay will join us 10 minutes before we leave to drive us to the beach!”

“WHAT!” I screamed.

“Chilax Kayce. Loosen up a bit. All the guys will be there.” She wagged her eyebrows at me “And it’s a beach party for pete’s sake!” She said dramatically as if me not wanting to go to a beach party was such a big crime.

“And you agreed to this without my approval!?” I asked her in disbelief.

 “Well, either ways, you’re still coming whether you like it or not.” She grinned evilly.

Oh the joy…