Chapter 12: You can't save everyone

Just a few days after Enji Todoroki's encounter with his eldest son news about the true identity of the villain Dabi is spread across Japan. Shoto is questioned by the reporters multiple times but Shoto decided that it would be best to just ignore them for now.

"Are you feeling well, Endeavor?" A voice said as a figure entered Enji's hospital room.

"Ah, Doctor Midoriya. I feel fine, thanks to you." Endeavor replied.

"You must think I'm a terrible father."

"I have learned early in life not to make assumptions about people based on what you hear from others, I'd rather meet them and judge them for myself." Izuku replied.

"But, I am. I did this to him." Endeavor's voice cracked with each word he spoke.

"If only I paid more attention, if only I raised him better, all of this wouldn't have happened."

"Regretting your actions is a good start for improvement." Izuku smiled. "Well I'm done here, see you again tomorrow Endeavour-san."

------

"This is where he works."

Toshinori nodded and entered the building.

All Might's Pov

I've walked around the halls, finding the location of Dequirker's office then I stumbled upon a room with Endeavour's name written on the door.

I got curious and decided to take a closer look but the door opened and there I saw a much older version of young Midoriya.

"How can I help you, sir?" He asked.

Great, he doesn't seem to recognize me.

I tried to speak out a reply but he suddenly invited me to his office.

------

"Please take a seat."

I nodded and obeyed.

"Mind telling me, how did you end up all the way here, All Might." Dequirker looked at me dead in the eyes and I felt a shiver run down my spine.

In this dimension, this kid killed me.

"I was dragged here by a villain." I answered truthfully.

"Is that so, how are you liking it here?" He grinned.

"I was told about my students, and you."

"How does it feel?" He smiled.

"I'm disappointed, on how you're a villain." I replied.

Dequirker looked at me, confused by my answer.

"Why?"

"I'm your mentor and I'm the one responsible for you, after all, you are my successor."

"Me?!"

"Haha, so you're telling me that you gave me One for All in your dimension." He stood up and started pacing back and forth.

He then looked at me, but this time I can see the young Midoriya I know in him.

"All Might, go back."

"But I'm here to help you, I know you have your reasons for your actions, let me be here to guide you to the right path."

"If you want to help me then go back." The soft look in his eyes turned stoned cold.

"I'm here to save you Dequirker."

"Tell me, what made you choose a quirkless person like me to inherit such a powerful quirk." He asked.

"I saw myself in you, I too am quirkless."

"Interesting."

"I met you by the rooftop when I was a kid." He walked up to me and sat beside me.

"Same goes here."

"Did you know what you told me when I asked you that I want to be a hero even though I'm quirkless?"

I sat there silently waiting for him to continue.

"You told me that it's a waste of time because the world is filled with 'super' villains and we need 'super' heroes to take care of the mess, having a quirkless hero will just be a nuisance." He gritted his teeth and balled his fists.

"I'm just a little kid!! And if you did turn me into a hero then do me a favor and go back to where you're supposed to be."

"But-"

"All Might, you can't save everyone. It's impossible."

I sighed and left the building.

------

"So, how did it go?" Ryota asked.

"This might be a lot more difficult than I thought," I replied.

🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴🍴

*inserts random emoji*

A shorter chapter than the usual

A shorter chapter than the usual. I'll be back with faster updates once school is over.

Don't forget to leave a vote if you like the chapter. And give me some feedback I like to hear your opinions.

Till Next Time.