XXXXXXXX

*1*

Sans looked up at Undyne. "I can't.." He muttered. "I can't keep going on like this!" Undyne pat his back. "Sans, I know that the.. thing you have can't be stopped. But I know you can't fight back against it... just stay determined."

"Y-you sure...?" Sans asked, doubtful as he continued to stare at his best friend. "I'm hella sure, Sans." Undyne replied, grinning. Sans smiled a bit. "Thanks, Undyne."

Undyne pat Sans' back. "No problem!" She said. "Anyways, Pap and I are going to be training a bit soon, and I think you should get out of the way."

Sans chuckled. "Okay, Captain." He joked, playfully saluting. Undyne laughed as Sans walked away and waved goodbye.

Yet... could he really fight back? As Sans walked back to Snowdin, he couldn't help but wonder.

Why?

*2*

"I've tried every possible thing, yet I'm not SATISFIED.."

Frisk pondered. They had fell on September 15th. They had RELOADED after a neutral. They had RESET after a pacifist. They had RESET after a genocide. They had RESET over and over.

"I will never be satisfied, will I.." Frisk mumbled. Though... the only genocide they had done.. was quite fun, to be honest. Frisk looked down at their hands and took a deep breath. Genocide it is, then.

*3*

"Y-you REMEMBER?!" Sans yelled. Undyne nodded. "Yeah.. but can you please explain what exactly is going on?" She asked. Sans sighed. "Okay, then."

"Theres this thing called DETERMINATION. If one has enough of it, they have the power to SAVE, RELOAD, and RESET. Like in a game, you know?

"You know who Flowey is, right? Yeah. He used to have enough DETERMINATION to use those powers... until Frisk fell. Frisk had more DT than Flowey, so they now had that power.

"Both Flowey and Frisk tried every route possible. Sparing, Killing, or just whacking people with pans. Actually, I think only Flowey did that. Frisk RESET so many times, just so they could see if something else would happen.

"But unlike Flowey, Frisk didn't know when to stop. It just gets real tiring, repeating your life over and over. I don't think Frisk is ever going to be satisfied."

Undyne stared at Sans. "You always remembered?" She said in disbelief. "Yup." Was Sans' reply. "But.. How?!" Sans looked down at his feet. "I think YOU would know how.." He muttered. "...O-oh."

*4*

Again.
And again.
And again.
RESET.
R E S E T .
R E S E T .

Why?
Just,
Why?

Why won't they stop?
Why won't they leave us be?
Why won't they let go?

W
H
Y
?

Tired.
I'm tired of it all.
I want it to stop.
I have the POWER to.
But I can't use it.
I can't lose control.
I have to keep in in.

I can't.

I can't.

I CAN'T

T A K E

I T

A N Y M O R E .

NO!

HOLD IT IN!

I'M NOT GOING TO LET YOU HAVE CONTROL!

STOP IT!

GO AWAY!

I DON'T NEED YOU!

I DON'T WANT YOU!

I DON'T WANT YOU HERE!

I DON'T WANT TO HURT THEM!

NO!

STOP!

PLEASE!

I

C
A
n
t
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
y o u c a n ' t r u n a w a y .

*5*

"Sans..?!" Undyne yelled, running to snowdin. "SANS!!" She desperately cried out. "Heheheh..HEHEHEH!!!!" Laughter echoed through the now-burned-down Snowdin Town. Undyne rushed to the source of the laughter-

"S-Sans..?" Undyne whispered. Sans turned around. "Wh-" Then he clawed at his head. "NO!! STOP IT!!" Sans yelled. "SANS!!!" Undyne screamed, reaching out towards her friend.

"R-RUN- AAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!" Sans screeched, falling to the ground and gripping his head. Undyne didn't know what to do. "SANS, I'M NOT LEAVING YOU!" She cried. "pl-PLEASE-" Sans coughed.

Then, a fireball hit Sans' head. Sans screeched in agony. "SANS!!" "Stand back, captain." A voice called out. "A-Asgore-!" Undyne exclaimed.

"It's clear to me, now." Asgore spoke out. "He needs to DIE." Undyne gasped, looking at the king, then back at her fragile friend. "K-King Asgore, Y-you don't-!" Undyne sputtered, trying to protect Sans.

"No. I need to do this. This is for my people." Asgore stated, summoning a burning trident, and aiming it at Sans. "N-no-!" "Stay quiet, Undyne." Asgore took a deep breath, then-

"NO!!!!!!"

*6*

"U-un..dyne..?" Sans coughed, sitting up. A tiny, squishy fireball floated onto Sans' lap. "Wh-" Undyne turned around. "Sans?!" She exclaimed.

"What- What just..." Sans whispered. Undyne smiled. "I don't really know myself, but I managed to save THIS guy before everything went white." She explained, pointing at the mini fireball thing.

Sans gasped. "You- You did th-that.. for me..?" He asked slowly, petting the fireball. It seemed content, and so did Sans. Undyne nodded proudly. "You finally got your Wubbles!" She exclaimed.

Sans smiled broadly. "Thanks.." He whispered, holding Wubbles in his hand. "I can't believe I finally got one.. anyways.. what the heck happened..?"

Undyne rubbed the back of her neck, smiling sheepishly. "That is a moment that we shall never speak of once I tell you, okay?" She slowly asked. Sans nodded. "Okay.. So, tell me!"

*7*

"Holy f-ck I did that-?"

*8*

Sans ran around the white void, screeching. "whERE THE HELL IS WUBBLES?!" He yelled. Undyne was just laughing. Wubbles was hiding in her pocket. "aaIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" Undyne wheezed. "Holy sh-t you're breaking my eardrums Sans," She called out to him.

Undyne took Wubbles out of her pocket. "Wubbles is right here-" Sans stopped. "Wait wut" "He was hiding in my pocke- oh sh-t- HAVE MERCY!!!!" "ssccREEEEEEEEEEEEEE-" "AAAAAAAA-"

*9*

Undyne sat down. "You wanna make nicknames for each other?" She suggested. "Whaddya mean?" Sans asked. "Create our own nicknames or code name things! If somebody finds us here, we can just say our nickname and use that for our names or something!" Undyne explained.

"Ohhhh, okay!" Sans said. "You go first." Undyne laughed. "Fine- but this one is really plain. Promise you won't laugh?" She asked. Sans nodded. "I promise!" He said. "Okay- So the first thing that popped into my head was Flame."

Sans grinned. "Ooohh! That's nice!" He exclaimed. "Really?" "Yeah!" Undyne smiled. "Thanks! Okay, what about you?" She asked. Sans thought for a bit. "UHHhHhhhHhH,"

After a few seconds of thinking, Sans took a deep breath. "Arson." He said. Undyne's eyes widened. "Wut?" "Arson!" Sans exclaimed. Undyne laughed. "That is WAY better than mine," She wheezed.

"Hey! Your nickname is good too!" Sans said, patting Undynes back. "But yours is better!" "Yours is as good as mine!!!"

*10*

Flame and Arson?

Sounds nice.