Winter Formal

Once again, I tripped over my feet and face planted onto the asphalt. Luckily that part wasn't heavily covered in snow. Its been snowing all night. This has been the third time since leaving my house and I'm tired of getting back up just for it to happen again. I may or may not be playing hooky but I don't want to be at school right now. I just need to lie in a nice soft hole in the ground, just for a couple of years or so until I can face reality like a man.

But I'm not a man. I'm Naomi, and those are doomed with panic in situations they can't handle. "Naomi? What's wrong with you?" I looked up to see the neighborhood granny Ms. Lopez.

"My life is a spinning dark hole of no where." I heard her chuckle and put her finger under my chin. "My god baby, your face is swollen! What happened Mija? You'll catch a cold." She bent down and gently wiped away the dirty on my face with her thumb.

"My life is chaos Ms. Lopez. Mommy is getting remarried." Ms. Lopez gasped. "How wonderful! To who?"

Beep beep

I twirled my head and saw the blue white and red car. "Naomi, what are you doing laying on the side walk?" I gulped. I did love this man like a father and totally approved of his relationship with my mom 1000% but..

"Yeah Naomi, get in. Dad will drive you." A second voice says and Kuyler's head popped up with a smile that says 'I know what your depressed about' I rolled my eyes as I got up and dusted myself off. "Um, no thanks. I'm not really ready for school. No book bag, psycho out there. You know, casual stuff." I laughed nervously and Mr. Davies gave me a dark look.

"There's no need to be afraid of anything Naomi, we will find this girl and keep her from terrorizing you." Kuyler gets out and pulls me up by my arms "Naomi please, I know things haven't been the best..but I can help you this time please." I glared and shrugged him off. "I'm not disturbed by what happened. I'm ok with getting to school by myself, which I'm not attending today."

I wasn't afraid of some knife wielding European psycho. But I was scared for Stephan. He still wasn't answering my calls or text. Teddy says he saw him this morning but left before he could say anything more. I started walking away after saying goodbye to Ms. Lopez but Kuyler and Officer Davies continued to follow me. How annoying.

"Naomi, please just get in. I know you're upset about me and your mother but, I care for you like a daughter." He won't leave me alone will he? "Officer Davies, I'm glad you and my mom have this teenage love story thing going on, I just..I just need sometime to myself ok? And Kuyler..just stop. If I let you take me to school will you quit worrying over me?

I appreciate it but I can take care of myself." I wasn't a coward like that girl, all I need is time to think. Mr. Davies smiled wearily but nodded.

"Alright. I'll lay off, Kuyer, get in the back." I smirked a little and hopped in the front next to Mr. Davies. Kuyler sputters, jeez, even doing that he looks attractive. "B..but I was in the front!"

"Stop being a baby. I'm telling you to get back there." He said finalizing his words and Kuyler huffed but obediently sat in the back. I don't even have school supplies, what am I going to do? "Hey Naomi, if you don't have school supplies. I'd be happy to share with you."

At this point I could literally see the back of my head with how far my eyes rolled back. "Thanks Kuyler but no thanks." If he was trying to be nice to me he would have to try a little harder than that, he can't just start being nice to me again because he feels like it.

He nodded and bit his lips. The minutes passed by in a blur and Kuyler was talking. to. me. again. "..Well how about a date to the Winter Formal?" When did the car stop? And what did he just say?