9

Sterek. I love them so much. Not the gay way but just idk the friend way bc Stydia forever but whenever tyler and dylan have a scene together i go insane.
***

There is something golden about the two boys who sit in the back of Starbucks every Saturday morning. A stack of manga books and a pot of green tea sit between them, and there's something gorgeously companionable about their every move.

The first boy really is golden, from his sunny asian skin to his smile. The second is pale with salt hair and an attractive flush along his cheekbones.

I remember when they didn't hold hands. When they read silently and watched the other surreptitiously. Then when they got together, they would read out loud sometimes, in reverent, adorable voices and shining eyes. And they hold hands. It's cute.

The Asian one gets there first, orders the tea and takes the seat. His shirt is white and bright.

He meets my eyes, curiously, then looks away.

Then he brightens, visibly. Someone in a huge black windbreaker tromps across the tile, shaking the rain from his hood.

Bash! The first boy greets.

Hey, Bash says, sliding out of his jacket and draping it on the table's empty chair. Am I late? Sorry, Luc.

Then he leans across the table and brushes a kiss across Luc's temple.

It's cool. Luc says, and reaches into his bag for books. Have you read the new Death Note?

Yes! Just give me a sec, I missed breakfast. He walks up to the counter, fishing a black wallet from his back pocket.

***