18

He became part of my life as easy as slipping on an old comfy sweat shirt.

His school (the private academy with a wicked basketball team) across town lets out a half hour prior to ours, and sometimes I find him leaning against a tree majestically, waiting for me to come outside. I can honestly admit that I am falling for him; quickly and with dizzying intensity.

It doesn't hurt that everyone in my class looks utterly mind boggled when he winds an arm around my shoulders and walks with me down the sidewalk. His gorgeous hair, bright eyes and casually confident stride (and the sleeves, of course) are everything and nothing that they would expect to be interested in me; the quiet yet snarky girl at the back of the class.

"Okay, so where did you meet? You have to tell me." My friend, Leah, states as we walk across the lawn. I smile.

"In the park."

"The park?" She looks confused, but trails off when he comes into view, all leaning and gorgeous with the sun on his face. "See you later."

"So, have you got plans this afternoon, Gracie?" He asks as I approach him beside what I have deemed his tree for standing majestically against. His full, gold hair is covered by a blue beanie and he wears a thick white cable knit sweater over holey jeans.

"What did you have in mind?" I grin at him reflexively, and he gets his (About To Expose His) Secret Plan Smile.

"Well," he starts, drawing my heavy knapsack from my arms and looping is over his shoulder; a chivalrous action I'm used to by now. "There's a pet sale in the park today, I thought we could walk around."

"Adrian. A pet sale?" I ask, dubiously. His grin just widens.

A girl, freshman I think, walks past with her eyes firmly planted on the two of us with obvious interest. I hide my smile.

It's nice to be the one couple-watched for a change, even if he aren't technically a couple.

"Yeah, they have like a thousand cages around the park with puppies and kittens and pigs," he flings his arm out dramatically - something he does often - and smiles. "The possibilities are endless, Gracie."

I float on that smile for the entire walk to the park, even higher when he drapes his arm around my shoulders and leans against me as we admire a little of grey hound puppies.