13

A boy sits on a low wall by the basketball courts. His black tank top is loose with some graphic design, but I can't make it out.

He has a beanie pulled low over his head, and a cigarette between his teeth - a shame, because he's really attractive with nice arms and defined cheekbones and pale, squinting-against-the-sun eyes.

He's watching the silver Toyota that just pulled up by the sidewalk. Two girls are inside, and the music is audible yards away.

The taillights turn off as the passenger door is flung open, and a statuesque brunette steps out. She wears a white t-shirt with something like: kiss me like you miss me on it, and a pair of tall, brown, purposefully beaten-up Doc Martens, dark against her long pale legs.

Her hair is long, falling dishevelled around her shoulders in soft curls, and her eyes are shielded against the glare with gold aviators.

Out the driver's side door comes another brunette, shorter than the first but equally gorgeous. Her hair falls in organized spirals down her back, and her shirt is mint coloured with cut outs around the sides and collar. Her skin is tanned, in the natural skin-tone way, and it gleams in the sunlight.

She steps out around the car, talking to the first girl in an animated voice. She wears holey denim shorts and white crochet Toms. The first girl bites her lip, glancing up at me - the the smoking boy - and arches a dark eyebrow.

Are you serious? She asks the girl in mint. The other girl bites her lip and nods, blue eyes bright with humour.

Then they start laughing positively hysterically. Thigh slapping, no-breathing-no-stopping hysterics. The boy looks amused.

Once they're finished, the boy stands up and ambles over to them, flicking the cigarette on the pavement.

The first girl stands almost as tall as him, and arches another eyebrow when he starts with a cheesy pickup line in a honeyed voice. The girls exchange glances.

I like your arms. One girl says. The other snorts indelicately. But second-hand smoke kills.

With that, they link elbows and stroll down the sidewalk with the gait of Victoria's Secret angels.