Can't Even Think Straight {15}

“Because I love you!”

                My eyes widened and I slapped my hands over my mouth. My face heated up and I turned and dashed out of the kitchen. Hell, I ran down the stairs and right out of Murphy’s house.

                I dove into the bushes on the side of Murphy’s house and whipped out my cell phone, dialing Rory’s number. I pressed the phone to my ear and listened as it rang twice.

                “What do you want Evan?” Rory asked.

                “Come drive me home. Now. Please. I’m outside,” I said shakily.

                The line clicked dead and a minute later, Rory exited the house. He moved towards his car and glanced at the bush I was hiding in.

                “Evan, this isn’t guerilla warfare. Get out of the bush,” he said in annoyance as he got in his car.

                I glanced at the front door before leaping out of the bush and diving into the safety of Rory’s car. “Drive fast!” I begged him.

                Rory pulled out of the driveway and drove us all the way back to his house. We got out and went inside the house and up to Rory’s room. He locked his bedroom door as I collapsed on his bed, burying my face in my hands miserably.

                “Alright, what happened?” Rory asked, coming over and sitting next to me.

                I propped myself up on my elbows after pulling my face away from my hands. “I told him I loved him!” I said miserably.

                “Well, he was still upstairs when I left. So I don’t know how he reacted to that. But you’re an idiot,” Rory said with a shrug.

                “Rory, this isn’t funny! I JUST TOLD SEBASTIAN AMSEL THAT I LOVE HIM!” I cried, burying my face against Rory’s leg and hating my life. “Dig me a hole so I can go die in it.”

                “Evan, stop being a drama queen. He’ll probably pretend it never happened. You know how Sebastian is,” Rory said, rolling his eyes. “Just calm the hell down.”

                “If I die in a hole, will you guys dig me out and hold a wake for me? Or will you just leave me in the hole and stick a grave maker by it?” I asked, keeping my face buried against his leg, my voice coming out slightly muffled.

                “Evan, you’re being overdramatic.”

                “If I get a passport, I can move to Ireland and be a sheep farmer. Then I’d never have to see Sebastian again.”

                “Evan, stop being a drama queen.”

                “You’re right, sheep smell too bad. I’ll go to Canada and be a farmer. Oh! No. They don’t make much money. Wait, do sheep farmers? Screw it. I’ll move to Mexico and be a drug cartel.”

                “Evan-”

                “Wait! But then I might get shot. Or kidnapped. Or kidnapped and then shot. Hm…I can move to Italy and sell wine. Yea, that sounds like a good pl-”

                Rory rolled my over and slapped his hand over my mouth. “Stop talking!” he said, irritation clear on his face.

                I pouted up at him and licked his hand violently. How dare he interrupt me while I was trying to plan how to never see Sebastian again! Did he expect me to face my problems? Was he freaking crazy? Running away from my problems would be so much easier!