Can't Even Think Straight {4}

Sebastian slapped his hands down on the sheet. His face was right above mine. He gave me an easy smirk.

                “Sorry about that. I didn’t mean to knock you down and fall on you,” Sebastian said, pushing himself off of me.

                “Uh…I…” My eyes were locked on his.

                What had Rory said earlier? Something about making sure to keep eye contact no matter what happened?

                “Are you alright?” Sebastian asked, standing up and offering his hand to me.

                “I…don’t know,” I said in confusion. I stared at his hand as if it were a foreign object.

                Sebastian looked at me in amusement before leaning down and gripping my hand in his. He pulled me to my feet and caught me as I nearly fell over. Huh. How did I control my legs again?

                “Oh! I remember!” I cried in excitement.

                “Remember what?” Sebastian asked.

                “How to stand,” I said in a “duh” voice before realizing how dumb I sounded. Ohgodwhy. Just kill me now.

                “Well, I’m very happy for you Evan,” he said, biting his lip to hide an amused smirk.

                “Wait, how do you know my name?” I asked, my heart stopping. He…He had heard about me and my charm. My dashing good looks and my charisma. I was famous!

                “Because we’ve hung out before,” Sebastian said, rolling his eyes and chuckling a little. “We hang out here all the time.”

                “Well, sorry Sebastian. I don’t remember your name,” I said, trying to play it cool.

                “Oh, you don’t?” he asked, raising an amused eyebrow at me. “Well, I’ll let you figure it out. I have faith in you Evan.”

                HOLY SHIT SEBASTIAN AMSEL HAS FAITH IN ME.

                Okay, okay. Hold back your girlish fan-girl squeals Evan. Don’t want to freak Sebastian out. Just keep playing it cool. Yea, that’s what I would do.

                “Yea, I’m sure I’ll remember your name eventually,” I said with a shrug.

                I turned to head over to the couch, but I tripped over my own feet and nearly face planted. Sebastian reached out and caught me easily before I could descend very far, though.

                “Easy there Evan,” he said, laughing again as he righted me. “Jeez, are you drunk?”

                “No. Sadly, this is how he always is,” Rory said, coming over and grabbing my arm. He led me over to the couch and shoved me into a sitting position, tossing the spinner at me.

                “Uh…I think we’re done with Twister. Before someone breaks their neck,” Murphy said, grinning at me. He came over and took the spinner, tossing it into the box. He and Sebastian rolled up the sheet together and placed it in the box.

                Murphy handed the box to Liam and ruffled Liam’s hair. “Go put that away. We can play again tomorrow,” he promised.