23. Denial

"Somehow everything I own smells of you, and for the tiniest moment it's all not true."

-Snow Patrol

Chapter 23: Denial

Tingles erupted all over her body as he crushed his lips against her, plunging his tongue on hers in an attempt of sheer dominance. It happened all too suddenly and swiftly that one moment she flinched at the intensity of his gaze on her and it was late when she realised the deep meaning behind those glazing pair of blue.
She'd already fallen on his trap so why not bury herself deep into it?

Her heart skyrocketed against her ribcage as he pulled her closer against his firm body, his hands working under the hem of her light T-shirt. He held her face firm using the other hand and she melted under him as he bit down her bottom lop tenderly.

It was wrong, she had to pull back, but she could feel her restraint breaking down. A single touch from him and her control was vanished into thin air.

She gasped as his skillful fingers skimmed past her bra and that was then she realised things were getting too far. She'd come to Paris for a mission and not to screw up with her ex. It'd only make things worse between them and as much as she wished to give into her desires, she was strong enough to pull back before his hand brushed against the clasp of her bra.

"Dylan- I- " She huffed, unable to form coherent words as her breath came out in quick paths. "I can't do this."

Dylan watched her for a moment, panting for breath. He'd gripped the desire he felt for her within himself but today it had all wavered like a pile of sand slipping away from his hand. He craved for every inch of her body and god knows what must've happened if she hadn't pulled back but his jaw tightened as the thought of someone touching her crawled into his mind.

Yes, they'd broke up and she had the right to move on with her life but the very thought of Viveca curled up in someone's arm crushed him. Though he was aware of the fact that she despised me, there was still a part of him that was possessive about her.

She squeezed her eyes as he inched closer and pressed his forehead against her. He traced his fingers along the outline of her cheekbones feeling the tenderness of her skin flush against his. A touch, a feel of her skin was all that required to settle the desire inside him, well, atleast for a while.

"This was a mistake!" She whispered as he nuzzled his cheek against hers.

"Is it?" He drawled in a ragged tone and her insides shivered at the effect of his tone. She fought the urge to exhale as he pulled back and fixed his stance on her.

"I know that you don't want anything from a jerk like me. I've humiliated you, ruined every little dream you had about true love. Well, there's no point apologising because what's done was done and there's nothing I could do to revert my actions," He inhaled a breath and curled his fingers in agony. She watched him in utter curiosity as he fought an inner war against his conscience.

"But-" Her whole body startled as his booming voice sprung back to life. "There's just one thing I could do about it and that's being honest with you. I'm not going to lie around anymore because the truth is, I want you, Viveca. I really don't have any idea why but you still make me crazy."

She stared at him as if he'd grown another head and let out an embarrased laugh.

"Dylan, you know, if that's another playboy way of yours to get me to bed-"

"God damn it Viveca, you have no idea how hard it is for me to keep my control around me. If it wasn't for my powerful restraint, I would've stripped down your clothes and fucked you without having a second thought."