36. You are my Priority

"I choose you. And I'll choose you over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I'll keep choosing you."

— (Unknown)

Chapter 36: You Are My Priority!

My heart was thundering beneath my ribcage as I blended my lips along with his. I never knew dreams were meant to be this realistic. It was as if all of my skin were on fire and my emotions were really overwhelming me.

Dylan was paralysed beyond belief and I was feeling a bit worried considering his non responsiveness would quickly put a halt on my dream and I would be once again pushed back to a world where we were supposed to act distant around each other.

I felt a ghost of a smile tingle on his lips. He tightened his arms around my waist and flipped us over. I gasped when I felt the mattress and his weight hover above me, his face inches away from mine.

"Do you even have an idea what you are up to?" I could see his eyes dilated and it was obvious he was having a hard time restraining himself.

I smiled and ran my fingers over his chiseled jaw, all the way to his neck and over his chest.

Did I say he was currently shirtless? If no, his body is completely on display and all to my mercy.

What the heck? I never knew I could get so bold and h*rny in dreams.

His breathing hitched and he caught my roaming fingers before it could venture over his well defined abs.

"Lolita." His voice had a rougher edge as he placed his forehead against mine and exhaled a long breath.

"Stop being a tease, sweetheart. Don't start something if you are unsure to finish it."

"But-" He placed a finger against my lips. I gasped feeling his body heat surround me.

"There's no need to rush it, Viveca. As much as I want this to happen at this moment, I'm going to hold back myself and say no because you deserve to be treated right. I still have to prove myself worthy of you, earn your trust, make you realise my feelings for you and only then we'll do this. I need to make you feel special, Lolita cause you are not some casual fling that I bang and toss out. You're more than that. You are my everything."

My eyes almost teared up at his words. He reached over and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"So yes, I'm going to deny you for now, even though it's hard for me, I'm going to utilise all my will power and restrain myself."

He glided his palm against the side of my cheek and breathed heavily.

"It's just a dream, Dylan. It would vanish the next minute you open your eyes. It dares you to do the unthinkable because the moment you come out of it all  it remains is a trace of a memory. One minute you are living in the dream and poof you're just out of it."

I made a little poof sound to emphasize the point. He chuckled tucking my free hair at the side of my ear.

"So what do you suggest, we kiss and consider that as a dream?" He retorted with one of his eyebrows arched.

"It's all a dream, Dylan!"

"But Viv-"

"Shhh!" This time I was the one placing my fingers against his lips. He shot me a wicked smile and before he could react I pulled him down by his neck and pressed my lips to his.

The moment his lips touched mine, he seemed to loose all his control as one of his hands settled against my waist, rubbing up and down my exposed skin and the other rested firmly against my cheek.