13. Fountain Fiasco✅

Edited by LadyRailly

"See how she leans her cheek upon her hand.

O, that I were a glove upon that hand

That I might touch that cheek!"

-William Shakespeare; Romeo and Juliet

Chapter: 13 : Fountain Fiasco

How could I even think that the deal might have been a piece of a cake? If anything it was the hardest deal I've ever come across. That jerkhead might've purposely planned it considering the fact that the majority of the customers in the restaurant were females and elderly men. There were guys my age, but they had company, and I'm in no way interested to engage myself in a catfight with their over-protective girlfriends.

I sulked, gripping the edges of the table as I watched Dylan dance elegantly with a waitress. He had just the right aura and charm to capture a girl's heart, and it's no wonder that most of them here were so eager to link their arms around him.

You know sweetheart, a long time ago you were practically enthralled by his charms.

I chose to ignore my conscience and instead looked around the hotel. Well, I'm glad I did that because it appeared it wasn't just me who was sulking and glowering. All of the male population here were sulking and muttering a string of curses as the lady-killer twirled the women under the wrap of his mighty fingers. I rested both of my palms against my cheeks and yawned; I swear the meeting was much better than this. At least I got the chance to prove my abilities rather than being a flop.

Occasionally he'd catch my gaze with an 'I told you so' look and added his infamous winks along with it. He'd even whisper some lame jokes to his fangirls, causing them to titter their butts off giving me sideways looks. No doubt he'd be cracking jokes about me. It was the first time in my life that I'd ever felt that vulnerable, and the thought of accepting defeat crossed my mind but my ego never let me. Plus, a smaller part of me was still jealous about the way those girls lingered around him, even pecking on either side of his face.

A face that once belonged to me.

"Boo!" My body jerked at the unexpected voice and I turned my head to the source that distracted me from my thoughts. I was now face to face with a cheerful Zevi, who kept on wiggling his eyebrows, his hazel orbs twinkling with mischief.

"How's the surprise, senorita? Be lucky 'cause I'm always a limited edition."

"Zevi? How come - I mean, how did you - ugh, never mind!" Without wasting another minute, I stood on my toes and wrapped my arms around him. I felt his body go rigid but it was only a moment until he draped his arms around my waist, chuckling.

"Someone was indeed excited to meet me, huh?" His chest vibrated as he spoke and I nodded, welcoming the warmth that radiated from his body.

"A lot!" I admitted and glanced at Dylan through my peripheral vision. He had stopped dancing and was leaning against the counter with a stern look on his face. I smirked, pointing at Zevi as a way to tell him that his little ploys were all over.

"Are you mad at me, Viveca?" I watched his forehead crease with anticipation after he broke our hug.

"For what, Zevi? If anything, you're the innocent one here. It wasn't your fault that some big bad wolf here was feeling all 'greeny greeny' regarding our date," I finished, fixing my eyes on Dylan. He arched his left eyebrow as amusement spiked up in his features.

"But I'm still mad at you for not answering your call, though." I pouted briefly, gesturing to take a seat opposite mine. He chuckled, a cute dimple appearing on his right cheek.