20. Jumbled up between a Salsa Freak & a Snobbish King

Dedicating this chapter to hateyouimeanit for her comment on the previous chapter. Thank you so much.

Wanna get a chapter dedicated?  ;) Then feel free to jot down your thoughts and the next chapter will be yours :)
------------------------------------------------------

"I've done nothing for the past five years but try to be the hero who protects her. The problem? Heroines doesn't need protecting.

-Colleen Hoover, Maybe Someday

Chapter 20: Jumbled up between a Salsa Freak and a Snobbish King.

"Ohmigosh trust me Vivz, I swear Queen of England would come bow down in your feet 'cause you look that pretty." Eri exclaimed more like gloated over her little victory. It was all because of the magical works of her hands, Viveca looked more than enchanting and she was well aware of it. All she could do was give her a thankful smile for not just helping her get ready but also for preparing her to deal with her roller coaster life.

"Dude, are you even listening? I was giving you a compliment and all you do was just cross the so-called list your holding as if tomorrow it's your IQ test and your whole life depends on it."

A half-smile tugged on Viveca's lips as her friend ranted about her ungrateful nature. She wished to thank her but she wasn't sure about the reason to acknowledge. It was as if Erica stood like a shadow in her life, supported her for whatever decisions she took in her life without any judgements. A simple pat on her back or a bear hug would do nothing to explain the gratitude she's having for her best friend since high school.

The little bells on the door jingled as someone rang the bell. She used the time to examine herself on her full length mirror while Eri answered the door. The girl on the glass reflection wasn't the simple girl whom she thought herself to be. She was glorified in a long evening black gown that accentuated each and every curve she thought she never had. It was sleeveless and had square neckline. Sequins were sprawled in each and every corner of the dress which made it look even more royale. She settled on a minimal make up with smoky eye shadow, mascara and a bit of lipstick. She was amazed by the fact that she managed to look like a lady today. She always considered herself to be a messed up girl but has she transformed into a woman? When was the last time she dressed up for a party? She couldn't remember and she felt agitated as memories of her prom night came back flashing into her mind.

How would've thought that a night so perfect, so romantic will turn out to be a web of illusions?

She shook her head at the thought. She was not going to ponder about her past. She had work to do. She was getting ready opening event of Dylan's new outlet. It was an extension to Edmon Corporations but it is mainly a boutique concentrating on various mens and ladies wear from various ongoing brands in Paris ofcourse, sponsored by the devil himself. There would be fashion event every week and his aim is to get more youth into the world of glitz and glamour and provide more opportunities to them. Whatever it maybe, but she rubbed her forehead at the thought of the horrific task of organising the event which mainly includes to make sure that the spot lights and decorations are all in it's place.

The list she's been crossing around mainly consists of the task she's completed. She could say at the look of it that she'd be in hell if a single pin drops on the floor cause that assertive Dylan was with the entire event. But that wasn't what she's bothered about at the moment. The dress fitted her well, no doubt but she gulped at the fact that there was just a simple pearl designed knot at the back that added as a safety to her gown. She wasn't meant to bother because Chanel products are never meant to be misjudged. Well, according to her best friend, at least.