Day 17.

Day 17: Which Published Book Is It Most Like?

Wow, that's a big question. Of course it's exactly like all the classics and beats them at their own game anyway. Right? ;-)

I just went and looked at all my books and had a good long think about this. It's not The Hunger Games, it's not City of Bones, it's not really anything. I think the closest you'll come to similarity is Uglies by Scott Westerfeld, but that's more in style of writing and tone then actual plot. It's also similar to Vampire Academy in that there's a balance of romance and plot and the romance is interlocked with the plot. But it's not Dystopia and its definitley not a Vampire book so don't take either of those comparisons seriously.

Okay, this is going to sound super crappy and I can't believe this thought has even entered my mind but...Twilight might come to mind. Not the writing (dear god, no), not the love interests (eh) but the plot. What plot? (Hehe) The overlying plot of Bella having to choose between life and death/ vampire life. That is very much a huge theme in this book; Oksana has to choose between reality or embracing the Time Stop side of life which is her equivalent of dying in the real world...but also living a lot longer. Bella and Oksana are so far from each other they wouldn't even recognise each other as the same species but I can see that similar struggle between what's right to them and what's easy/ indulgent, what they want and what they should do, between choosing normal and different.

God, those are all really sucky comparisons. Sorry for wasting your time.