Day 7.

30DAYS OFWRITING; DAY7

7-A Third Important Character's BIO

Kaine is the loose cannon of the series. It doesn't really become evident until the final book what he actually wants and who he's actually working for-or if he does want anything and if he actually is working for someone. He's strange and aggressive and he's never really, fully there. Whenever he makes an appearance he'll be gone a few hours later, or he'll have changed sides, so Oksana never really gets to know him in the way, say, she gets to know Ryker. Despite this, he's one of the most important characters and he's one of the people who Oksana associates with stability in the Time Stops. He also fascinates her more than anything which leads to a disproportionate amount of time spent on him (haha!)

Kaine is extremely striking looking; Kaine is the sort of guy who you stop and stare at openly. He's not traditional, "football player" good looking but the angles of his face and the confidence that he has is fascinating-Oksana gives him a ten out of ten. He's got platinum blonde hair that's almost white and grey eyes that are like light storm clouds. He's not a very big guy but he's fit and athletic, lean muscles from his constant activity. He's only sixteen but he's got the maturity of someone who's lived many lifetimes (and not just because of the Time Stops). His rather boyish good looks hide a dark side to him-he is manipulated by Meredith and so depressed that he's in a huge downward spiral. He has been forced into sleeping with older women and men all his life and has been abused ever since he can remember. He has also become quite out of touch with reality, his life like a strange dream that he can't escape. He cuts himself because he wants to feel, wants to stay in touch with emotions, and because he feels like pain is grounded in reality.

As a person, Kaine can be quite friendly if he tries. Inside, he cares about people deeply and cares about how he affects people deeply but often it comes across like he doesn't care. He's outspoken and aggressive and generally he's hard to get along with. Typically, Kaine will be the one who you love dearly or hate strongly. He also has quite a strong sense of humour that can be very politically incorrect, and this is generally the first time when you'll start to get along with him-when you start laughing with him. Kaine isn't looking for love or even for friendship, he's just looking for someone he can work beside and who isn't going to hurt him anymore. He wants this from Meredith more than anything but he knows that is unrealistic. In the end, he's just a kid looking for someone to love him.