Chapter Eleven

Fun Ghouls POV

"GET OFF!" Adrenaline floods my system and I sit up, frantically looking for the source of the noise. I take a deep breath, and try calming my racing heart when I notice it's Party Poison, having a nightmare.

They're thrashing violently. I grab their wrists and pull them to Party's chest.

"Party! Party, babe, wake up... you gotta wake up come on..." I whisper in what I hope is a soothing voice.

"GET OFF!" Their voice breaks. "DON'T TOUCH ME!"

"Party, hey, it's okay it's me!" I brush back strands of short black hair. I'm surprised they haven't dyed it red again yet.

"GET-" Tears slip from their eyes and I frown. Eventually, they stop screaming and are instead panting heavily.

"Party, it's okay...!" They slowly stop thrashing and I let go of their other wrist. I pull them to my chest and rub their back, gently trying to wake them again.

"Party... please wake up. It's a nightmare..." I whisper. They stir slowly and I pull away to watch their face, keeping my arm around them.

Their eyes fly open and they gasp and grab onto the side of my shirt. I rub circles on their back and they look at me, biting their lip with tears streaming down their face.

"Hey, Party..." I whisper quietly. They let out a choked sob and bury their face in my chest.

I hold them almost protectively while they cry, whispering to them to hopefully make them feel better.

"Don't let them take me..." Party begs between sobs. "Please I- I don't wanna go back."

I run my fingers through their hair.

"They will never take you. Never again, they'll never get their disgusting hands on you, or me, or Jet or Kobra or the Girl. Never again," I whisper. I adjust my arms so they're more shielded and press my forehead to theirs.

For what felt like hours they continued to sob and beg me to protect them. Every time, I promised them, and every time my heart broke a little more.

Occasionally, despite being fully conscious, they'd lash out and yell at people who weren't there. Every time, I had to do my best to calm them down and bring them back to the present.

Eventually, they managed to calm down enough to fall asleep. I, however, was left awake.

I knew what they went through, I was... I was there. But I had no idea what I went through.

What did they do to me? What did they do that triggered the memory loss? I'd rather have a total breakdown and remember everything than be stuck here still not knowing what important memories I might've forgotten.

Maybe. I'll never know unless I remember and can judge it for myself. I just have to remember. If I just focus...

I'll start with simple things.

What all do I remember from BL/I? I remember more of a feeling than full memories, aside from the whole draculoid thing. That fucking sucked.

I remember bright lights. Bleached, pure white. Chemicals. Oh god, the smell of bleach will never leave my mind. Blood. Screaming. They did something to my blood.

They did something with my blood.

They made it... toxic? Not toxic. Painful.

They- they made my blood hurt me. It hurt. It hurts!

No- no it did hurt at the time! When it happened I- I'm safe! Right...??

I put my hand to my throat and frantically search the room for anything. Any sign this might be fake and I'm still stuck in that prison.