Chapter Twelve

Party Poison's POV

I wake up slowly, and somewhat peacefully.

Someone's arm is around my waist, and light shines brightly over both of us. Bright.

Bright lights.

Bright white lights.

No- no I escaped!

I freeze, too panicked to move.

Ghoul! I have to get him off me or we're both dead!

I force myself to sit up and open my eyes.

And let out a breath of relief.

I attempt to calm my pounding heart. I was delusional from being tired and saw a bright light and assumed the worst.

I have too much adrenaline to go back to sleep so I settle for cuddling with Ghoul for the next however long it'll be until he wakes up.

Now don't get me wrong, I love cuddling with Ghoul. Everyone looks cute when they're sleeping and Ghoul is no exception.

Except for the fact he moves in his sleep. A lot.

I was kicked once every five minutes and he took the blankets a lot too. And every so often his arm would flop in my face. How I didn't wake up throughout the night was a mystery.

Eventually, as much as I'd love to let him sleep, I'd had enough (he flopped on top of me and when I gently rolled him back onto the mattress instead he shoved me off the bed). So I gently shook his shoulder whispering his name until he responded.

Okay, I lied. When he pushed me off the bed I grabbed him and pulled him down after me. And we both probably have a couple of bruises.

"Ow! What the- the fuck? Why are we on the floor?" I stare at the ceiling and flop my arms on either side of me for dramatic effect.

"Oh, I don't know, ask asleep Ghoul!" I say sarcastically. Ghoul groans and rolls off of me onto the cold floor.

"Did I push us both off the bed in my sleep?" I close my eyes and sigh.

"No, you pushed me off the bed in your sleep, I just dragged you down afterward as revenge." I smirk and he smacks me lightly on the arm.

"Jackass... that was clearly a sign to sleep on the floor so I could get my beauty rest." I roll my eyes.

"Sure thing, babe." I pull myself back onto the bed and roll the blanket around myself. "You get the floor now. It's payback."

"No! You pulled me onto the ground as payback! Share the blanket!" I bite onto the blanket and tighten the raggedy cloth around myself.

"Fuck off! It's mine!" For a minute the room goes silent and I cautiously scoot myself closer to the wall the bed is pushed up against.

I feel the edge of the bed dip and realize what Ghoul is planning only a split second too late. I quickly spin myself around just in time to see Ghoul's hands fly for the sides of my stomach and I screech and squirm away.

"FUCK- NO!" I burst into laughter and (unsuccessfully) try to shove him away from me. "GET OFF!!"

"NOT UNTIL YOU SHARE THE BLANKET!" I throw the blanket off of me and scramble away, panting.

"Take it! I don't want it anymore!" I wipe the small tears in my eyes, before putting on a fake, playful frown.

"Why thank you, kind person! I don't mind if I do!" Ghoul grabs the blanket from where it fell on the floor and wraps it around himself before climbing into bed.

"You're cruel. So very cruel." I glare at him and stick out my tongue. He glares back before I break and laugh quietly.

I rest my head on the pillow and Ghoul and I stare at each other for a few seconds, silence resting gently over us.

"I have a question," I say softly.

"Ask away."

"Do..." I sigh and run my fingers through my hair. "Do you think things will ever be back to normal...?"

I look away nervously.

"They won't be the same. Nothings ever the same, I've noticed. But it will get better. It will. I promise you it'll get so much better. And- and one day we'll be able to face what happened, and we'll heal. And we'll be happy and we might still be haunted by what happened but we'll be able to move on. I promise."

I smile softly and pull Ghoul to my chest.

"I love you, Ghoulie."

"I love you too, Cherry Bomb."

The End

---

So I finally ended it! I've been trying to come up with an idea for a new fic so if you guys have any ideas I wouldn't mind hearing them at all. Not that anyone reads this lmao. But yeah if you did make it this far, thank you for reading my shitty fic and have a nice day! <3

(I will still be going through the chapters and editing these tho so yeah)