Chapter Eight

Party Poison's POV

I didn't sleep all that well that night. I was too busy thinking about Ghoul. He finally remembered me. He remembered us kissing. There was no way he could make up some excuse about BL/I not being bad for that, about them saving him from us.

Hopefully, anyways.

I rolled around for hours, thinking of which time it could've been. I used to go up there a lot, and sometimes Ghoul would find me. Sometimes I was up there to think, sometimes I was upset, sometimes I just couldn't seem to fall asleep.

I wonder if Ghoul would be more willing to break out now. Maybe get his hands on my ray gun and clothes, we could just bust out. Find the Trans AM, and manage to make it back to the diner and see if Jet could help with his memory loss.

Witch, getting him back off the pills would be a pain in the ass.

By the time morning rolled around I had gotten a maximum of two hours of sleep. How wonderful.

I groan and roll over. I wouldn't be falling back asleep any time soon. I crack one eye open and look at the digital clock above the door. The dim red numbers read "5:57 Am," AKA "way-to-early-for-this-shit."

The door beeped three times fast, repeating this action three times. As it had every morning and night. Signaling that Fun Ghoul would either be entering or leaving. The door swung open as the night guard left and Ghoul entered.

"Rise and shine, beautiful." I throw my pillow over my head, taking a deep breath.

"Aww, you think I'm beautiful!" I slowly sit up and keep my face buried in the pillow.

"Can you not tell sarcasm when you hear it?" I snort.

"You have atrocious grammar!" I put a larger emphasis on the word 'atrocious,' making sure he knew I had a decent vocabulary.

"Whatever. I- I wanted to talk to you anyways." I prop the pillow on the wall behind me, sitting back against it, and run my hands through my hair.

"Sure thing."

"I dreamt last night. I don't... not even sure how I know what dreaming is but I- I dreamt of that memory, over and over..." He curls in on himself and scratches his neck. I smile lightly.

"Honestly I think I'm just glad you're back enough to know that I'm not totally evil..." I see him nod.

"It's... I feel betrayed if I'm being honest. BL/I said they saved my life and- they're the reason you're being tortured because apparently they got their- their hands... on... me..." his voice lowers in volume until he's barely whispering by the last word.

I frown, concerned and watch him touch his hand to his neck briefly. And his other hand brushing against the side of his head.

"Damn... guess there really is no way to deny it when you get a memory of being held at gunpoint and then hauled away in a van..." he mumbles. I stare, mouth sitting open.

"Please tell me you wouldn't mind escaping w- wi-with me after that memory came back to you. Please I- I wanna get out but I'm not leaving without you- or without your help." I do my best not to stumble over my words but I'm talking fast and I have a habit of stuttering when I'm overly anxious or excited.

"I- I guess. But not now, we'd need a plan. If you act like you're falling in line, maybe they'll start giving you free-ish range. Act like you've started forgetting. Fake forgetting, like- K- Kobra and Jet's names, then day by day 'forget' more and more and eventually we might be able to get out of the building and if we get to the edge of the city maybe we could make it out by telling the guards out there you were dead and I was assigned to get rid of your body?" He rambles, and slowly the plan was being built in both our heads. "Oh jeez, you don't- you don't have to go along with that, though! You're also part of the plan, you should have a say, I'm not- I shouldn't be deciding everything- fucking hell-"