Immortal Child - Chapter 4*

~CHAPTER 4 -  She's Gone~

Mike

               I had the greatest night of my life. Never in a million years would I have thought that we'd end up together. Roxanne hurt me the day she told me we couldn't be friends anymore. But I loved her too much to hold that against her. I knew someday she would come to her senses. I was just so relieved it happened so quickly. It's like she knew I needed her on that precise night. It’s like my plea for rescuing had been answered.

               I went to our tree to commit suicide. I couldn't live with the heart ache anymore. I just had to escape the wretchedness she had brought upon me. But there she was, like an angel sent from above, rescuing me from my demons. It didn't matter why I went there, all that mattered was that I found her and she found me. I still remember the day she told me off, as though it happened just yesterday.

~ ~ ~

               I was on my way to Roxanne’s house, like any other morning. Everyday we would meet for breakfast at her house and I’d walk her to school. On that specific morning, I sensed something was off about her, she acted differently. I bugged her the entire morning, pleading her to tell me the problem.

               “Just drop it Mike.” she said, turning her back on me. Never had I heard Roxanne speak in such manner. She was the sweetest girl I had ever known, not once raising her voice to anyone.

               I let the subject drop. I didn’t want to upset Roxanne any further. It was obvious something was bothering her, and I was worried sick. I loved her enough to let her be, knowing she’d open up when she felt ready. She was strong and independent, never asking for assistance expect when necessary. She was the most amazing girl I had ever met.

               We arrived at school early, strolling on the grounds. I spotted the cheer squad and shook my head. Roxanne was so enthralled in them; she wanted nothing more than to be a cheer leader.

               “Hey Roxanne.” shouted Kim. I looked around to see her waving frantically.

               Roxanne’s face lit up in excitement, running in their direction. I followed swiftly, not wanting to leave her on her own. I was overprotective of her, especially when it came to cheer leaders. They were ruthless, cunning and uncaring. They would use Roxanne for their own entertainment; use her just to humiliate her.

               “We need a new cheer leader. You got any moves?” asked Kim, smiling deviously.

               “Sure.” said Roxanne, playing it cool and calm.

               She had amazing moves, she was always practicing them, perfecting each stunt she attempted. Kim probably thought she’d make a fool out of herself, because as soon as Roxanne showed them what she got, Kim’s face went blank, all the blood drained from her face.

               “Wow, you’re amazing.” said a girl whose name I did not know. I never paid them much attention, except for Kim. No one could avoid Kim.