Chap-20

There was sleep miles away from Swara's eyes. All she could remember was the tears of Sanskar. Every time she closed her eyes, Sanskar's sobs pierced her ears. She was afraid of losing him.

Swara was visibly upset in the morning. This was not hidden from Sharmishtha too.

"Is Sanskar fine?" Sharmishtha asked.

Swara nodded. She then looked at Sharmishtha. For a second, she found herself very lucky to have her. Sharmishtha was the biggest blessing in Swara's life. Although she could not share everything with her like before, but her smile was enough to give Swara strength.

"Shona! Tell me!" Sharmishtha knew something is not right.

Swara took a deep breathe and for the next 15 minutes, she told her everything about last night. The only thing which she manipulated was how Sanskar pushed her. She told her that her leg slipped and she got the injury.

"How evil can one be!" Sharmishtha was shocked as well as sad for Sanskar, "I am really not feeling good for Sanskar. He is really a golden hearted man."

"Yes mumma! I don't know how can someone has such a black heart like that Annapoorna!" Swara said.

"By the way! Your words were not enough for Annapoorna!" Sharmishtha said, "Next time show her the practical too... I want all 32 teeth out in one go!"

Swara giggled a little. Sharmishtha too felt relieved looking at Swara smiling.

At 10:00 in the morning, Sharmishtha saw Swara all dressed in formal kurta, ready to go to Maheshwari mansion.

"Today was your off day na!" Sharmishtha said.

"Mumma! I have to go to mr. Maheshwari !" Swara said while making a braid of her hair.

"Go! But this time, you are not going to him as a doctor," Annapoorna said, "He doesn't need Dr Swara Bose now! He needs Swara!"

Unable to understand Sharmishtha's words, Swara just stared at her. Sharmishtha opened Swara's cupboard and picked out something for Swara!

"And that's why moms are the best friend of daughter!" Swara chuckled looking at a box wrapped in gifting paper.

Swara opened the gift and found a beautiful long wavy gown of mid calf length. It was not much dressy, but just enough to make Swara look elegant. The powder blue colour base had white embroidary at the corner of it. The bell shaped sleeves of it were giving instant upliftment to the already beautiful gown.

"It's very beautiful mumma!" Swara said and hugged Sharmishtha.

"Go and get ready! Keep your hair open today!" Sharmishtha said.

"Noways! My hair are too long to be kept open!" Swara said widening her eyes.

"Do as I say!" Sharmishtha said.

Swara came out wearing the dress along with her opened hair. Cute studs in her earrings and a little kajal was making her look heavenly.

"Very nice!" Sharmishtha said while forwarding her a glass of juice, "Drink it and all the best for today! Do something special for him today. I know he needs you the most!"

Swara nodded. Sharmishtha forwarded her a tiffin.

"It's for Sanskar! Ask him I have sent it!" Sharmishtha said.

Swara reached Maheshwari Mansion at 11 in the morning sharp. Laksh was already waiting for her outside. She had already informed him.

"Hello Dr. Laksh!" Swara greeted him.