Chap-19

Swara woke up after a beautiful and content sleep. She thanked God for this beautiful morning and smiled.

She suddenly saw the time and sat up with a jolt. It was 8 in the morning. Why didn't her mom wake her up!

She jumped out of bed, took bath and ran out of her room in wet hair. She saw Sharmishtha sitting in living room with a cup of coffee.

"Mom! You forgot to wake me up!" Swara said while wearing her sandles.

Sharmishtha smiled and sipped her coffee lazily.

"Mom! Why are you so much dressed today?" Swara said while looking at Sharmishtha dressed in a very elegant chiffon saree and a few accessories.

"Mom! It's Saturday! You forgot that you have to take classes at 8 a.m. today!" Swara was so shocked to see Sharmishtha just smiling back at her.

"Mom! Don't you want to teach students Ophthalmology?" Swara was scratching her head while looking at her.

( author's note- ophthalmology means study of eye. In any institution of medical science, you will find the department of ophthalmology the sweetest and lovely. That's why I portrayed Sharmishtha as ophthalmologist.  One more thing, doctors are the only one who teach medical students in the college. So don't be confused that Sharmishtha is a doctor or a teacher. Now back to story!)

Sharmishtha stood up and forwarded a cup of coffee to Swara too.

"I think there is a holiday on Diwali in every college." Sharmishtha again sat lazily on couch and looked at Swara who was trying to understand what had just happen.

Finally she realised and smiled, "I was so drowned in work that I forgot." She said while sipping coffee.

"You will feel bad today na?" Sharmishtha asked.

"Why so?" Swara replied.

"You will not be able to meet your superstar today na!" Sharmishtha said.

Swara's mouth dangled down. She looked at Sharmishtha who was trying hard to control her laugh, "Mom! Aap bhi na...!!"

"What main bhi? You are totally in love with him!" Sharmishtha said while coming closer to her.

"No mom! We are just good friends!" Swara said.

"Good friends who care for each other a way too much, right?" Sharmishtha winked at her.

Swara was speechless. She just blushed.

"You know you love him! You are just too shy to admit!" Sharmishtha said while picking up the empty coffee cup.

"Does he love me mom?" Swara asked.

"Absolutely!" Sharmishtha said while pulling Swara's cheek.

Swara spent the day decorating her house. Sharmishtha made rangoli whereas Swara put diyas. Their house was looking filled with happiness.

It was evening. After doing pooja, Swara was just sitting outside watching children playing outside. Her phone rang suddenly. It was Laksh. Her forehead frowned a little.

Just after recieving the call, Swara felt as if her feet were running towards the car keys.

"Mumma! I am sorry! I have to leave you alone on Diwali too!" Swara said while taking up her purse and medicines.

"No issues beta! I am also leaving for an emergency in hospital! Firecraker had burst eye of a child!" Sharmishtha too was getting ready in a hurry.

Swara was driving fast to the Maheshwari mansion. Laksh was saying that Sanskar had again smoked and his condition was worsening. This was what happen when a person who was on antidependancy pill tries to smoke.