Chap 14

Sanskar was feeling terrible. All he wanted to take care of Swara. All he wanted to make her feel comfortable. All he wanted was her good health. But what she got instead, a slap and a handful of bad words, that too from his own mom.

He stood up and stormed out of his apartment. He ran towards his car and was soon on the way to Swara's house. After around 30 minutes, he was knocking on the door of her house.

A man in his early thirties opened the door. "Mr. Sanskar Maheshwari!" He exclaimed so hard that a girl around Swara's age came running out of the room.

Sanskar had seen those people first time in his life. He was feeling very awkward and uncomfortable at the same time. He then saw the girl who was almost unblinkingly staring at him. The guy's expressions were no different.

"If you both don't mind, can I please come inside?" Sanskar asked humbly. That time only they remembered that all 3 people were standing on the door of the house.

"Sure sir! Please! I am sorry I forgot!" Man said fumbling between the lines. After all Sanskar was a superstar and a superstar knocking at your doorstep is something rare.

Sanskar sat on the couch. All he wanted to ask for Swara but didn't know how to.

"Sir! You ... here!" Guy was still fumbling.

"I know. Swara said you will be coming here at any moment." Girl said from behind.

"Then why didn't you tell me?" Guy complained.

"Something should be secret in between best friends." Girl giggled.

Sanskar was still feeling a little awkward to ask for Swara. But looking at them, he assumed she was alright. He took a sigh of relief.

"Sir! Swara is here, in her bedroom. If you don't mind, can you please join her there only." Girl said with a smile.

Sanskar finally thanked god. He thought as if girl understood what he wanted to say. Was it too evident from his expressions!

Sanskar followed the girl to Swara's bedroom. Sanskar took a look at it. It was not as cozy as his but was filled up with photographs. Her books were neatly arranged in shelf. Minimal things in her room.

He then looked at the bed over which Swara was sitting keeping her head overthe headboard. Her eyes were closed. Her long wavy hair were loosely braided. There was a bruise below her eye.

Sanskar felt his heart sinking seeing her like this. He came near her and tried to take her name, but his lips parted and closed again. With what right he was asking about her health! He was indirectly responsible for her condition.

He couldn't gather the courage to speak anything. He couldn't gather the courage to apologise from her.

"Swara!" The girl called her name. Swara opened her eyes and looked at the girl. The girl signed her with eyes and then Swara's gaze fell over Sanskar.

"Mr. Maheshwari!" Swara got alerted seeing her, "aap kab aye?" Swara stood up from the bed looking at him.

"Dr. Bose! Please be seated." Sanskar said forbodding her to stand up.

"Nah! I am alright now." Swara said with her usual smile. This was something unexpected for Sanskar. He thought Swara would be angry at him, but it didn't seem so.

"Dr. Bose!" Sanskar tried to say something but couldn't find words.

"Wait! First let me introduce you to your biggest fans, Dr. Adarsh Mishra, a paediatric doctor by proffession, and Dr. Parineeta Mishra, gynaecologist by proffession." Swara introduced them with a smile on her face.