Whispered Confessions

Rhydian stood against the caravan head turned up to the sky breathing deeply from exhaustion which was a hard state to reach as a Wolfbood. It had been a long day with Jana, not a terrible day but, he definitely would have preferred spending the day with Maddy. First Jana's confession left him feeling slighted and betrayed to a point though he did his best not to let it show. Then the ominous feeling which set in about mid-way had only worsened. Still, no word from Maddy, Tom, or Shannon either which was abnormal. Scrubbing his face in frustration he tried to quiet the anxiety in his mind. Surely everything is alright Emma and Dan had insisted he reunite and integrate back into the Vaughn's home today, which he suspected had to do more with how close he and Maddy had become as of late. He could easily see them forcing them to leave him in silence for today. He wanted to blame them and be angry about it but everything Maddy's mum and dad did came from a place of love, right or wrong they always attempted to act in what they perceived to be her best interest.

"Are you alright, Rhydian you got quiet," Jana said from beside him tilting her head slightly.

"Yeah, just getting late and I am exhausted." He replied as the sound of someone nearby crashing through the woods caught his attention. Faintly he could scent Tom, Shan, and Maddy but that couldn't be possible, they were off on a trip. Reaching down he connected with the earth using Eolas. He found that it was Tom and Shannon but, Maddy was nowhere in sight. They looked frantic and their clothes disheveled, and it caused his stomach to drop drastically. Standing he took off in their direction, Jana following closely behind. In no time they stood before him in a clearing nearby. Shocked they stumbled to a stop quickly Sending their scent in a wave. It nearly overwhelmed him but, Maddy's scent even though she was not there seemed to calm his nerves slightly.

"What happened where's Maddy?" He demanded eyes turning slightly as he caught the fear, and anxiety in their scent. Something bad happened he was sure.

"Is that blood?" Jana asked drawing Rhydian's eyes to Shannon and Tom's shirts. Suddenly facts fell into place in Rhydian's sharp mind. Both Shannon and Tom smelled strongly, abnormally strongly in fact of Maddy. They each looked horrible and smelled of fear and distress. Listening closely, he took in their accelerated heartbeats and his legs felt weak. Looking back at their face he saw a confirmation of his worst fears as Tom's eyes glistened with tears and Shannon began to sob. 

Without another word he took off running to Maddy as fast as he could. Half boy, half-wolf.In record time he stood at the farmhouse he saw as a second home but, it felt anything but welcoming to him now. He took in the car's state doors wide opened, parked at an angle at the doorway they so often used. Like someone was panicked and needed to act fast tire marks were clear in the dirt.

 As he neared, he found that again there were strong scents of Maddy coming from the back. Moving to close the doors he spotted red stains on the backs flooring and Maddy's phone discarded under the seat. Taking a deep breath to calm his shaking hands only seemed to heighten his nerves making his vision blurry.It was Maddy's weak whine from upstairs which caused his vision to finally clear. She could sense him she was calling to him. Blinking back the tears which burned in his eyes he reached in pocketing her phone and shutting the doors. Instantly, Dan poked his head out the door looking much older than he had when they left. "Rhydian, they found you?" He said seeming relieved, "We need you upstairs now. I need you to hold Maddy still." He said wringing his hands. "I would but, I am weak from the poison they gave me to get into the cage."

Though none of Dan's words really made sense he understood by his tone this was a grave situation. He could ask questions later about what Dan meant. Nodding he moved forward. 

"It's bad Rhydian but, I need you to hold her still no matter what. It's vital." Dan said wringing his hands before him and shaking his head. "There's just no other way. The doctor is too far."