Whispered Confession's Part 4

Rhydian laid there as Maddy slept holding him to her. He could see how all of this became an issue. He saw all his mistakes with Maddy and Jana. Had he not been so blind he could have put a stop to Jana a while back. He could see every time he openly challenged Maddy in front of Jana what it looked like, and how she had interpreted it. How he had always been the one to help her making her reliant upon him. That was the first thing he needed to work on. She needed more friends and others to rely on. She needed to see he was not the only one who would help her. Looking back, he could also identify every look of disgust at Maddy, every jealous act. No wonder they did not like each other. If he could get through to her all that could be rectified, she just needed to understand Maddy was his alpha, his only alpha, and without hurting her any more than necessary,

Step one break off the reliance upon him carefully. He did not want this mess falling back on to Maddy any more than it already had. He had hurt her deeply so many times, and in the end, she was correct. Jana was betraying him; she had trusted her gut which said not to trust her and be right. He should have listened. It was so hard having these two worlds collide. He had never mentioned Maddy to Jana and was sure she had been shocked but there was a reason. It simply hurt too much remembering how happy they had been together and how he had been the cause of them separating. It was what he did wrecked things but, every day he thought of her, and every night he dreamed of her endlessly it had been the longest, hardest, and lowest he had ever felt. He found comfort in Jana because she had some of Maddy's qualities. He had not ever led her to believe in any way he would be hers however and could not pinpoint when that had come about. He cared for her and wanted to protect her but, as a friend or a little sister. For him, there was only Maddy in that place no one else.

Looking down he tucked a wayward hair behind her ear and smiled down. He had her now though she was his and he could feel her love, and nothing would separate them again. As if sensing his inner turmoil, she snuggled closer patting his chest in her sleep. She was not faking or overcompensating she truly and deeply loved him, and he had no clue why. It was mindboggling, there were so many others that fancied her and had not caused her such torment unknowingly. Rubbing his temples, he began to feel a headache coming on. He had made a rather large mess of all this, and now he had to clean it up somehow. Leaning his head back he closed his eyes willing himself to drift to sleep.

Throughout the night he redressed, medicated, and fed her another three times Each time he found it easier to fall back asleep again. He was exhausted mentally and physically and was relieved he could now sleep until the morning. Settling in and holding her to him he buried his nose deep into her hair allowing her scent to fill his sense of smell completely. Quickly he was fast asleep.

~Break~

She woke up the next morning full of energy and life. She could feel the power of the moon running through her veins, helping her heal her wounds. The pain had dulled to a much more tolerable feeling and her wounds were stiff and itchy from accelerated healing. Relief flooded her instantly, now she could enjoy and remember her time with Rhydian without the haze of medicine and pull of sleep. She was warm so warm and comfortable in Rhydian's arms and found herself taking in every detail of the moment. With her eyes still closed she inhaled his scent taking its comfort deep into her heart. She felt the warmth of his arms encasing her tightly even as he slept expressing his love and desire to protect her even in his sleep. She heard the steady and peaceful beat of his heart as if it were her favorite song.

Enjoying every second of this she laid their motionless and silent reflecting on how hungry she felt, and how unlike herself she smelled. She needed food soon to help fuel the healing and a shower to wash away the remainder of that horrible day. Though she did not want to forget every part of that night of course. Had she known all she had to do was get injured she could have moved this dance along much quicker than it had gone, they had wasted so much time for nothing. She herself had been a jealous wreck and he had been, well he had been Rhydian. Blind. She couldn't fault him for that necessarily though it annoyed her to no end. With the moon buzzing in her so strongly she could not remain still too much longer, but she also knew he would wake up the moment she did.