oo5. answers, second verse

The two of you stay silent for awhile side by side, nothing but your footsteps echoing around you as you walked alongside your guide. As you turned around another corner, you spoke up, offering the other a raised brow. "So. Mind telling me a little bit of what you know at least?" Your lips form a small scowl. "I think I deserve to know more, right? After being dragged to God knows where-"

"But you readily followed, didn't you?" The kitten gives you a matter of fact look.

"There's a lot I don't know. And I appreciate anyone able to tell me anything about it." You crossed your arms over your chest.

The younger girl offers an apologetic smile. "I really am sorry that I enticed you to come with me, without giving a concrete explanation as to why." Her hold on Mr. Midnight tightens a tad bit. "Nevertheless, I shall start telling you everything I can. There are a lot to cover, so let us start from the very beginning, shall we?"

Fran tells a lengthy tale, and the pace at which you two walk dawdle so that you'd be able to properly take in everything she tells you. You were starting to suspect that what she said about making this quick early on was naught but a lie. Irregardless, you were past the point of caring for hunger. The queries she was to reply to took precedence over anything else.

"When you came to, miss _____, you arrived at an area filled with water that had a most curious structure. Nothing but it could be seen for miles, and the skies above you were a most depressing color of grey, obscured by a blanket of mist or perhaps, fog." Fran waved a finger in the air as she spoke. You confirmed her statement with a nod. "This place is a venue we came to call as the In - Between."

"What a...peculiar name." You wrinkled your nose. "I haven't heard of that one before. Then again, maybe its just one of many I fail to recall..."

"I would have to correct you there, amnesiac miss." Mr. Midnight would interject as he jumps down from Fran's arms. "Not this time...unfortunately."

You huffed and turned up your nose in the air, annoyed at his implications. How could such an adorable creature sound so condescending?

"The In-Between is a boundary unknown to the common man, and is found between two extremes; a primordial abyss, and the unseen haven. It is a place where those who are condemned to reside in neither find themselves trapped in eternal nothingness." Fran clarifies what her pet meant with a sheepish smile. "I believe that it is not a venue the common man would wish to traverse to for the holidays, much less know of it."