oo4. answers, first verse

All through out your outburst Jakurai did not interject and allowed you to vent your worries freely. You slumped down on the floor, breathing heavily. He stood up from his seat and quietly approached you from behind to place a comforting hand on your shoulder. You barely acknowledged his presence. You felt numb, hollow. Nothing made sense anymore. It all felt so unreal that you wished to merely laugh it off, or maybe cry out and scream, yet in the end, you couldn't even muster enough energy to do any of that. 

You had excused yourself, telling the doctor that you wished to rest and be alone for awhile. He had complied without fuss and ushered you back to your room. You felt that your attitude may appear selfish or dismissive, yet he had nothing but words of comfort and kindness to give. It had made you rather guilty, however you just couldn't bear to stay in that room and talk about the matter at hand any longer. 

You just decided to just make it up to him by formulating a mental note to thank him later for his sensitivity. 

Now that you were back in your room by your lonesome, it was only then that you realized that you didn't even manage to ask Jakurai other questions you yearned to know the answers to. It was the very reason you had made a request to speak to him privately, and it all fell to the wayside thanks to the reality of the situation he had revealed. Not that it was a bad thing, you'd rather know a horrific truth instead of being kept in the dark, blissfully unaware of the horrors of the world. 

A sigh escaped your lips.  How ironic for an amnesiac such as you to say. 

You looked up at the ceiling. 

The immaculate white which meets your line of sight felt discomforting . The sterile smell of antiseptics hurt your nose. The tiled floors felt institutional and detached. It was a room completely absent of warmth. You wrapped the blanket around your body and curled up in a ball. Your gaze shifts to a small phone receiver attached to the bed with a cord. It would've been nice if you were able to contact your folks. 

Not that you knew who they were, or if they even existed in the first place.

| | | ✧ ✧ ✧ ♔ ✧ ✧ ✧ | | | 

It was pretty dark out when you woke up from your short nap. Digits from the clock situated above your head flashed the numbers 22 : 45. Your eyelids still felt heavy, but you no longer felt like going back to sleep. Perhaps you could walk around and see if the doctor or the man called Doppo was still around.