oo3. one who knows nothing can understand nothing

The young woman had merely stared straight into his eyes, the corner of her mouth twitching lightly. "Um...what?" Immediately she would set her cup down on the desk, fearing that she may drop and make it topple over as she struggled to process in her mind what the other had just said. "Excuse me...I don't...what?" She was having difficulty believing his proclamation, but once Jakurai had pulled back the curtains behind him, her jaw dropped. 

There, right in front of her was a beautiful view encompassing a familiar stretch of greenery and blue. The sun dipping down into the horizon casts a shadow of tangerine and vermilion, creating the illusion of a pot of gold assimilating all into its vibrant color. _____ pressed her nose against the glass walls to get a closer look. Past a busy highway of shops and cars was a charming little village comprised of stone bungalows, smoke rising from the vertical chimneys perched atop clay roofs. Upon squinting her eyes to see farther, a familiar islet in the distance caught her eyes. 

"Yes. That indeed is the island where Miss Kishinami and Miss Fujimaru found you." Jakurai spoke from behind her, having caught on as to what exactly drew her attention. 

The girl breathes in, held the air, and let it out, remembering that fateful scene at the beach. There was a momentary pause, before she tore her gaze away from the view outside to face him. "But that's..."  It was as if she was struggling inwardly for him to be proven wrong. "...t-there could be so many islands which look similar to that one. Maybe even bearing the same name! And...and...the Destiny Islands I know don't....they don't have a city like this....or at least, that's how I remember it..."

He seemed taken aback. _____ could not understand the reason behind his apparent surprise. This is not the Destiny Islands she knows. It just can't be. For her, the very notion was unthinkable it did not even cross her mind. 

The doctor would clear his throat, then makes a vertical motion with his right hand. A floating projection of a map would appear in between them, causing her to give a little squeal of surprise. _____ would blink surreptitiously, touching the projection and giving a little jolt when it went through the thin cyan display. "W-was technology always this developed?" She mutters under her breath. 

"This red arrow indicates our present location." He points at an isle where the red arrow is pointing at, his right index finger and thumb flicking outwards as it zooms in on a building in between a sprawling business district and the village she saw from when she pressed up her face against the glass windows. "This is a map of the world. As you can see, the map labels this point appropriately as the Nucleus Tower situated on Destiny Islands." He gives her a sympathetic glance. "I can see that you seem disbelieving. Nevertheless I, nor this map, would have any reason to lie."