The One with the Friends Marathon

Michelle walks into the office alone. Her hair's pulled back in a bun, messy and falling apart already. She heads toward Steve's desk, plopping down on the ledge.

Steve pauses in his sketching, looking up at the young girl. "Everything okay?"

"Not really," she mumbles, head moving with her words.

He sets down his tablet. "What's the matter?" he asks her softly, his brow furrowing.

She huffs, her bangs flopping with the force of her breath. "Peter isn't answering. I think he's sent himself into a stress coma."

"Stress coma?" Steve adjusts his glasses.

"He has a test tomorrow and he's been freaking out about it all week. Last night, he ditched me to go study. Wouldn't let me come over or anything," MJ mumbles.

Steve's eyebrows rise a bit. "And he's not answering anyone's calls?"

MJ shakes her head, chin still in her hands.

Steve turns to his computer. "Let me see if I can get in touch with his emergency contact."

"It should be his aunt," MJ mumbles.

Steve types away at the keyboard, opening up new folders and tabs. "So, why'd you come to me?"

MJ hides her face, the tips of her ears growing red. "I, um, didn't know who else could be discreet."

"I'm assuming that means being able to hide stuff from Tony?"

She nods, peeking out from behind her hair.

"You do know that Tony knows about Peter going to school still?" Steve says absentmindedly, still going through his files.

"That's not what I'm talking about."

Steve looks up, eyes wide. "Oh?"

MJ blushes and covers her face with a hand. "It's new, shut up."

He grins. "Your secret's safe with me."

"Find it yet?" She asks, leaning over the counter to see his screen.

"I think so," he sighs, reaching for his phone. He dials the number and waits. "Hi, this is Steve Rogers with Stark Paper, Inc. I work with Peter, and he hasn't shown up this mo-" Steve stops, listening to the other line. "Thank you. We appreciate it. Have a nice day." He sets the phone down and takes in a deep breath.

MJ raises an eyebrow.

Steve gives her a soft smile. "He's on the way. Shoot him a text and tell him to stop at the Starbucks on the corner. I'll tell Tony he went on a coffee run if he asks."

"Is that an excuse to get coffee?" Bucky asks, moving to lean against the desk beside MJ.

"Pretty much," the blond says with a grin.

MJ starts texting something. "Two Iced Americanos, right?"

"Aww, look, Buck, she knows us so well!" Steve coos.

Bucky nudges MJ's shoulder. "It's like she cares about us or something."

She holds her phone up, thumb hovering over the text. "I haven't hit send yet, you know?"

Steve shrugs. "Eh, we know."

Bucky pulls out his wallet and hands her a ten. "Better?"

She plucks it out of his hand and wanders over to her desk.

---

Producer: "You told Steve a pretty big secret today. How do you feel?"

MJ shrugs, looking at her phone. "Fine."