Baby Boy

Caroline's POV
   It has been 3 months, since I had to snap Nik's neck. We don't talk to each other. I see him, when I go over to the compound and see Kat, Davina, Elijah and Kol. Everything is good. Anyway, I am 9 months pregnant and feel like a whale. I woke up, and put on my red maternity dress. I slipped on my flats, since I can't reach my feet. I walked downstairs, well more like waddled.

     I went into the kitchen, and Elijah was in there. I grabbed two blood bags out fo the fridge, and drank them. Usually, I drink one a day, but lately I had to drink two or more.

    I said, " So, Elijah what are you doing here?"

   Elijah said, " Rebekah and Marcellus went to the compound, and asked me to spend the day with you."

    I said, " So, you are here to babysit me because I could pop out a Tribrid baby, at anytime?"

  Elijah said, " It's not babysitting. I am just spending the day with my sister that happens to be pregnant with a Tribrid."

    I laughed, and said, " What did you want to talk about?"

  He sighed and said, " It's about Niklaus. Over the last three months, he has been getting his memories back. He got them all back, and remembered the last century."

    I smiled and said, " That's a good thing. Right? You don't seem so happy. What else is there?"

  He looked down and wouldn't answer. I walked over to him and said, " What else is there, Elijah?"

    He looked at me, and said, " Caroline, calm down."

   I said, " Why should I calm down? You are obviously keeping something from me. What is it?"

  He said, " Caroline, your face. Take deep breaths and calm down."

    I felt my fangs come out, and I took deep breaths. My fangs soon went away.  I said, " There. What is it?"

  He said, " Niklaus, remembers everything, but you. For some reason, he doesn't remember you at all for the last 4 years. What ever triggered his memory, didn't let him remember you. I'm sorry, Caroline."

    I stood there for a good five minutes shocked, and had a few tears run down my face. Then, my water broke. I said, " Elijah, my water just broke."

   He had a confused look, but then realized what I meant. He had wide eyes, and nodded. I felt a contraction. I squeezed Elijah's arm as tight as I could. I then screamed, " Aahhh!"

   Elijah said, " Take deep breaths."

    I took deep breaths, and after a few minutes it passed. I let go of Elijah, and he put his arm back into place. I said, " I'm sorry. I didn't realize i was squeezing your arm that hard."

   Elijah said, " It's fine, Caroline. Now, let's get you into your room. I will call mother."

   I said, " Why Esther? Shouldn't we go to the hospital or something."

   Elijah said, " The actual human doctors, would be confused why there is a bunch of Vampires, and witches, plus a hybrid having a Tribrid baby. Also, my mother was a midwife, in multiple centuries, over her thousand years of living. Freya and Rebekah both worked in a hospital for a century."

    I said, " okay."

   He helped me walk up the stairs. As we walked down the hallway, we stopped, cause I screamed as another contraction hit. I broke his shoulder this time.

     After five minutes, The contraction passed, and we walked into my room. I laid on the bed, and he called Esther. I took deep breaths, and tried to relax.