Can I Trust You?

wow it's been years since the last update 😭 hey y'all. idek what to write about I haven't looked at this story in forever, so bare with me if this chapter doesn't make any sense.

BTW I HAVE CHANGED WHO DRE IS!!! For those that don't know the original person I was using as Dre passed away a few years ago (RIP Cameron) and I will not continue to use him out of respect. So please imagine Dre as the fine asssssss Jay Critch 👅.

********************
~last scene was Yn and Dre at the fair, and your mood turned a little sour after seeing Ray.

Yn's POV

Seeing Ray unexpectedly like that really brought my mood down with Dre. This man seriously hasn't contacted me in MONTHS yet has the nerve to try and pour his heart out to me. Does he think i'm a joke???

My thoughts are interrupted as Dre parks in front of his house. I look over and see him staring at me intently, trying to figure out if i'm okay.

"You okay baby girl?" He asks me sincerely, grabbing my hand and caressing it.

I nod slowly, trying to fight back to tears threatening to fall. I haven't seen Dre in years and he's bringing so many emotions out of me. He's been a sweetheart from the start and I haven't did anything to deserve this. Why is he being so nice to me.

"Dre why are you being so nice?" I ask him seriously, trying to end this game early if that's the case

"Am I supposed to be rude? I'm confused" He asks me, laughing a little but his gaze never wavering.

"I just...I don't know" I start, looking down and playing with my fingers.

"Yn...look at me" He says, grabbing my chin and turning my head to face him "What's up with you? Talk to me girl"

"I know this is the last thing you want to hear right now, but I love Rayan. I can't help it, he was my first everything. But he's did me so wrong and I eventually lost hope of ever being treated good again. Then you come along and blow my breath away, I wasn't expecting you to pursue me as much as you have. I just don't want to put my heart out there and get hurt again."

He stares at me intensely as I talk, caressing my hand the whole time. Dre kisses my hand before talking.

"First of all I'm a grown ass man. I don't have time to play games and try to deceive someone for what...sex? I could get that anywhere. What I want is a connection, a deeper feeling, i'm tired of all these pointless conversations with these ran through hoes. I want a woman I can call mine, someone I can take care of and come home to every night. I'm not playing games with you ma, and I really don't appreciate you lowkey comparing me to a fuck nigga. You've known me long enough to know I don't even get down like that" Dre said, every word sliding smoothly off his pink lips.

And just like that, i'm hooked. I grin up at him as I realize he's dead ass serious about what he said. At this point, I want to jump his bones, but that's moving way too fast.

"Whew boy do you have a way with words" I smile at him, trying to control the pulse that's beating in between my legs.

He laughs uncontrollably at my statement and then gets out and opens the door for me, leading me into his house. I walk in and see his mom in the kitchen cooking dinner, and whatever it is smells delicious.

"Hello Mrs. Lockwood, it's so good to see you again!" I greet her as I walk into the kitchen, her eyes lighting up when she recognizes me.

"YN!! My baby come here oh my God I've missed you!!!" Mrs. Lockwood exclaims, wiping her hands on her towel before embracing me in a big hug.