~ 𝔱𝔴𝔬 ~

I sat up slowly and wiped the gunk out of my eyes before stepping out of my bed. I moved the sheet that I used as a door and walked into the kitchen to see my Father standing beside my mother with a smile on his face.

"happy birthday my princess" He said, wrapping his arms around me to give me a hug. I almost forgot that it was my 17th birthday. My dad let me go so I could give a hug to my mother too. She was the same, just staring into the floor mumbling my real name. My heart broke every time I saw her.

"I was thinking we could go and buy you a gift today" My dad said, trying to cheer me up. I nodded slightly and smiled at him.

☽ ⭐︎ ☾

"We won't be long, and when we get back we can have cactus jelly, I know its your favourite" I said to my mom before I kissed her on the forehead. I followed my father outside and to the markets.

The crimson waste was a rough place, filled with different people who were cast aside by the rest of the world. Not many people got along but they all shared a hatred towards the princesses (which is why I go by Moon). And to be fair I don't blame them.

The markets are a place filled with different stalls with people selling lots of unique things. It's where most people go to earn their money or buy food and things they need. My favourite shop here is run by a guy named Pop, he's basically everyones grandpa and he spends most of his time making beautiful jewellery and selling it,

"hello Moon" He said, he was a big man with a scar that matched one that I had (across my right eye). He was kind looking and his heart was as big as he was but if you got on his bad side you wouldn't live to see another day.

"Hi pop!" I said happily.

"A little birdy told me that it was someone's birthday today" He giggled and picked up something behind him. He opened his hand to reveal a necklace with a charm made from amethyst that had been sculpted into a skull. "The colour will go nicely with you eyes".

"moon we should be going, I don't like leaving your mother alone for so long" dad said, tapping his hand on my shoulder. I thanked Pop and left with my father and the necklace.

☽ ⭐︎ ☾

When we were nearly home we noticed that something felt off, it was quiet like no one was there and things had been tipped upside down. I looked at my dad with a worried look on my face. No one was around so it was safe for me to use my powers, I created a black smoke that floated around my hands and walked into our place. The furniture had been thrown across the room and the cupboards were all open and everything had been emptied or destroyed.

My dad gasped as he saw my mothers chair empty. I looked around the room and my stomach dropped when I saw a figure lying on the ground. I walked up to it and began crying when I recognised the face. It was my mother. I dropped to my knees and began sobbing into her chest.

"Moony, come look at this" Dad was pointing at a mark in the table. It was an almost finished circle in a larger almost finished circle and it was also the mark of Huntara, the leader of the gang that runs the crimson waste. She did this, and I will have revenge.

"I cant keep living like this" I yelled at my dad. "I'm sick of people just walking over us, when we are more powerful than them!".

"y/n calm down..." He said calmly.

"No! I will not calm down! We deserve to rule Etheria and we will." I was getting angrier and angrier and I was starting to lose control of my powers. The wind inside our home began to get really strong and the red dirt below us began to swirl. My father walked towards me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"y/n, it's okay, I understand you're upset". I started to take control of my powers as I calmed down. I began crying heavily into my dads chest. He wrapped his arms around me, I had no idea how he was being so strong.

☽ ⭐︎ ☾

That night I packed a small bag with everything I would need and left my father alone with nothing but a note telling him to not follow me. I needed to get revenge on Huntara and I knew exactly where to start...