~ three ~

I sheltered my eyes from the blinding sun as I stumbled through the hot desert. Even though my feet were aching I went on. If I stopped now I might as well give up. 

I looked up at the giant cliff I needed to climb to get to my destination. 

"great" I said, as I dropped the old cloak that was protecting me from the sun. I looked around to make sure no one was around and closed my eyes. I took a deep breathe in and was lifted off the ground, sparkles and dark smoke twirled around my body as I transformed, and finally a bright purple light escaped from my body. I opened my eyes to see my wings had appeared. It had been years since I used them and I had nearly forgotten about them. 

When we were banished we thought it would be best if I hid them

When we were banished we thought it would be best if I hid them. And ever since then I haven't had my wings. It was refreshing to be acquainted with them again. 

I flew up to the top of the cliff, and as I landed I made my wings disappear. I don't think large purple wings would help me blend in. I covered my body with my cloak and continued walking on the hot sand. 

☽ ⭐︎ ☾

After several hours of agonising travel I finally was able to see a path leading down to the bottom of a dried out canyon. I sighed, this is exactly where I wanted to be. I began walking down the path and was relieved when the walls of the cliff shaded me from the sun. I was tempted to sit down and relax, but there was no time for rest. I must complete my mission and avenge my mother no matter what it costs, even if that means dying...