- six -

"What's the princess of night doing out here?" The red lizard questioned "I thought that family lived in Caliginosity"
I sighed and rolled my eyes. "We were kicked out by the queen of bright moon" I growled. Tung raised his eyebrows. I guess no one ever told the people here we left.
"why's that" He said.
"It doesn't matter" I hissed, pushing past him "We need to organise our plans if we ever want to beat huntara".
Tung Lashor growled. "Yo princess" I stopped and turned slowly towards him. "Don't go thinking you're the boss around here"
I turned around but before I could walk away the sound of Tungs voice stopped me.
"what'd huntara ever do you you". I sighed and turn back towards the lizard.
"what did she do to you?" I asked.
"I asked first"
"She did nothing, I just feel like taking her down" I lied. Tung Lashor laughed.
"I like you y/n, you're funny." He patted my head.
"Never do that again".

~~~~~

It had been a month since I had become second in command and so far I had done nothing but tell lizard people to stop slacking off. Luckily they were showing improvement or else I would've given up and gone on my own again.

"SIR THERE ARE 4 BEING APPROACHING" A lizard yelled "THEYRE WEARING HORDE UNIFORMS".

Strange, I wonder what the horde is doing in the waste...

"Excellent! Prepare for an ambush" Tung ordered. The lizards began hiding behind rocks. Tung signalled to me, ordering me to get into position. I rolled my eyes and dropped the spear I had been sharpening and climbed up onto a ledge to enjoy the show.
I relaxed against the rocks and looked down below. 4 figures came into view, a goat looking person, another lizard, a giant scorpion lady and a short cat girl.

I watched as the cat girls ears twitched and she yelled at her friend.
"You've lured us into a trap!" She hissed. The lizards around them began emerging, revealing themselves to the horde soldiers. Tung Lashor stepped forward and I assumed he introduced himself. The cat girl started laughing and soon her scorpion friend joined in.

God I can't hear anything from up here

I could see Tung's face getting more and more angry. I sighed, it was boring not being able to hear. I would go closer but I really didn't feel like getting involved.

Suddenly Tung was launching at the girl and the two of them began fighting. After a few minutes Tung had the girl upside down.

Oh great another boring fight ending in Tung winning.

The girl threw dirt in Tungs eyes and was suddenly upright again. They continued fighting until the girl tripped Tung into a pool of quicksand. The scorpion woman started chanting "Catra" and soon the other lizards joined in.

Wow this girl might be my new chance

I jumped down to their level and began slow clapping.
"Wow kid you're really something" The girl turned around to face me.
"Who are you calling kid? We look the same age?" She hissed.
"It's all about experience ya know" I winked at her. "What's the Horde doing out here anyway"
"It's none of your business" She snapped back at me.
"Well actually it is" I stated "This is now my territory".
"Actually, it would be mine"
"Catra's right, it is hers now" The scorpion lady added.
"How about... we fight for it" I winked at Catra.
She smiled and lunged at me. I dodged and stuck my foot out, tripping her over.
I reached out my hand and a staff appeared. Catra stood up shakily and turned towards me again, placing her body in a fighting stance. I swung the staff around my body and attacked. She blocked it with her hand and scratched my stomach with her claws.
"wow you're actually good" I wiped the sweat off my forehead "Just not good enough"
We continued fighting until she managed to grab a hold of the staff and threw it to the side. I adjusted and we began fist fighting. Catra attempted to punch my face but i grabbed onto her arm and flipped her onto her back.
I placed my feet either side of her body and sat on her stomach.
"Your names Catra right?" I smiled down at her. She was struggling and attempting to get up.
"Because I'm so nice, I'll let you have the wastes" Catra had stopped struggling and looked up at me.
"You're a princess aren't you. I hate princesses"
"Let's make a deal" I smiled at her "We both hate the princesses, we should work together to  take them down".