- seven -

"working with a princess to take down other princesses? that's funny" She grinned at me. "I don't know if you've realised but I rarely do teamwork"
"Aww but I was looking forward to working with someone as cute as you" I winked at her.
"What the hell is that supposed to mean, also can you get off me?" She said angrily. I rolled my eyes.
"If you say so" I stood up and held my hand out for her. She ignored it and stood up by herself.

"You need me." I said. She stared at me.
"No I don't, I don't need anyone" She walked away. I grabbed her arm and spun her around.
"No offence but you don't seem like someone that should be saying that" I looked her up and down. She raised an eyebrow at me and I sighed, preparing to explain.

"You're with the horde right?" I looked at her as she nodded. "The horde doesn't come here unless they really need something".
Catra stared at me as I spoke.
"The horde is smart, I doubt they'd send someone important here. So you were probably sent here to retrieve something and mr horde daddy doesn't care if you live or die". I smiled at her.

"Fine you can join us" She spat as she turned to walk away from me.
"YOU WONT REGRET IT" I yelled back at her.

~~~~~
"Hey cat girl, remind me why we're out here again" I said, wiping sweat off my forehead. We had been walking under the hot sun for hours. Catra didn't respond to my question so I looked at the massive scorpion lady beside me for an answer.
"Sorry about Catra, we have info that a rebel squad is somewhere here and the members of it are pretty important" She said, smiling constantly as she spoke. It was comforting. Having someone so happy beside me relaxed me.
"It's Scorpia, right?" I asked and she nodded. "Has anyone ever told you how nice you are".
Scorpia's eyes began to tear up and she scooped me up into a big hug, squeezing my organs.
"Hey I'm all for the hug and all but do ya think you could not squish me" I managed to get out. She apologised and released me.
"Sorry about that, sometimes I forget how strong I am" She rubbed the back of her neck with her massive pincer. We both laughed and continued walking towards our destination.

"If you could both please stop being bffs and focus I would be very grateful" Catra hissed at us. "We're here".
In front of us was a massive object. I could tell it was a ship because of the stories my mother had told me when I was younger but I would of never imagined one to be this big.
"Oh shit" I said, staring the thing up and down.
"Y/n, you stay out here" She squinted at me.
"You said Huntara was going to be here, I'm coming in"
"No you're not, I don't trust you enough" She said "After we've captured them we'll Huntara to you and we can split ways".
I sighed and agreed to it. Getting others to do the work for you is so much better than actually doing it.
I sat down on a rock outside and watched as the group of strange animal people go inside.

                                   ~~~~~
After a couple of minutes Scorpia came outside to get me.
"Uhh hey y/n" She rubbed her neck awkwardly. "I have some bad news".
I stared at her before rushing inside to find Catra.
"CATRA" I was furious. Bad news could only mean Huntara got away somehow. I found the cat girl sitting in the pilots chair of the ship.
"Oh hey y/n" She swung around a golden sword, a massive grin on her face.
"Where's Huntara."
"Oh I forgot you wanted her" She grinned "She got away with arrow boy and princess sparkles"
I felt my blood start to boil. My eyes began glowing pink, illuminating the scar across my face.
"Do you want to know why I wanted Huntara so badly." The crowd around us had gone silent. Catra rolled her eyes.
"Please bore me with your sob story" She said "I honestly couldn't care less".

I calmed myself after noticing the eyes on us.
"Huntara killed my mother." I said bluntly "I'm glad you're happy, you should enjoy it whilst it lasts because soon enough the ones closest to you are going to start realising you care about nothing but power and winning and that you will do anything for it. And when they do realise this they'll leave you."

My words shocked her. She stood up from the chair and walked towards me.
"You don't know anything about me." She said.
"I know enough" I squinted my eyes at her. "Luckily for you I don't think i'll be leaving just yet. You still need me and I still want revenge on Brightmoon".
"Great, can I enjoy my party now?" I nodded and began heading towards the room where the prisoner was being kept. If I'm going to take my anger out on someone I might as well do it on the person that helped Huntara.
I opened the door you see a blonde girl with a pony tail tied against a pole.
"So you're the one Huntara was with" I went to strike her but stopped myself and redirected it towards the wall. A blast of electric power went flying towards the wall.
"Do you have any idea what Huntara has done to my family" I leant against the wall and laughed.
"You're a princess, aren't you?" She said to me.
"I was" I looked at her.
"I knew it, you're y/n!" She stated "Glimmer told you about you"
I grimaced, her name only reminded me of my grief.
"Why are you working with Catra, you should help me escape and come back to brightmoon with me"
"ENOUGH! I was cast out by the whole of Etheria, do you have any idea what that's like?" I began tearing up, my blood boiling. "I was a kid". Adora went silent and accepted that I wasn't going to agree with her.

I looked at her one last time before turning and leaving. I was so sick of everything. It seemed everyone but me had found their people.
I stopped in the middle of the hallway when I heard someone call my name.

"Hey y/n" It was Catra. She was leaning against the wall smiling at me. "I'm sorry for being a bitch, and I'm glad you're sticking with us"
"It's fine, I'm sorry too."
She walked towards me and wrapped her arm around my neck.
"Now come enjoy the party with the rest of us, there's no point in being all sad" She grinned at me "Who cares that Huntara got away, after we win the war you can kill her yourself"
We laughed and headed towards the party. Catra was finally start to grow on me.